• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reciprocity update. This makes my rear end tired. We have GOT to fix this.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

However, the following is important...

Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence may carry concealed firearms in South Carolina...

Which means, even though I live in VA and have both VA and FL concealed permits, until VA is recognized I can't carry in SC.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence may carry concealed firearms in South Carolina...
http://www.sled.sc.gov/Reciprocity1.aspx?MenuID=CWP
Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence may carry concealed firearms in South Carolina, but must abide by the restrictions in the South Carolina CWP law. For that reason, out of state residents of reciprocal states should familiarize themselves with restricted carry locations and other provisions of South Carolina law posted on this website. South Carolina permittees who carry firearms in reciprocal states are likewise responsible for familiarizing themselves with the applicable laws and regulations of the reciprocal state. Web sites of those states may be accessed by selecting the desired state name listed above.