• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Loaned pistols for carry

Leader

imported post

Rogue9er wrote:

Well, I presume my Grandfather has the green cards. And yes, it was appraised for $1500-$2000. But I'm a poor college student, and it's pretty much my only option.

There's something awesome about having an old war pistol. I wish I could just get a modern 1911, but I'm saving up for many things. Like spring break in Mexico, lol.

If it was me..... I would make SURE that gun is registered before I even talk about it.

I know there are lots of ex military weapons out there that have NEVER been registered & the owners have NO intention of ever letting the government know where they are.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Rogue9er wrote:
Well, I presume my Grandfather has the green cards. And yes, it was appraised for $1500-$2000. But I'm a poor college student, and it's pretty much my only option.

There's something awesome about having an old war pistol. I wish I could just get a modern 1911, but I'm saving up for many things. Like spring break in Mexico, lol.

I wouldn't carry it either, to valuable both in money and sentimentality. You don't find many pre-WWII colts around.

There must be another handgun you could borrow from somebody until you buy your own. You have a CPL so that's a possibility. Or have Grandpa and familybuy you a gun for an early graduation gift. Be creative.

Heck I might be able to rent you one of mine;)

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
Rogue9er wrote:

I wouldn't carry it either, to valuable both in money and sentimentality. You don't find many pre-WWII colts around.

There must be another handgun you could borrow from somebody until you buy your own. You have a CPL so that's a possibility. Or have Grandpa and familybuy you a gun for an early graduation gift. Be creative.

Heck I might be able to rent you one of mine;)
Thanks for the offer, but I think I may just use some of the other guns he loaned me, although they are rather goofy. There's a Colt police model .38 special that's chromed out, and a Hi-Point .380. I think I'll just conceal the .380 for now. You might get to see the police model in a cowboy holster at the picnic, lol. I do have a friend that needs a retention holster for a XD .45 compact for the OC picnic. He's a poor college student too, and has been mexican carrying it (bad idea, yeah?).

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Rogue9er wrote:
Thanks for the offer, but I think I may just use some of the other guns he loaned me, although they are rather goofy. There's a Colt police model .38 special that's chromed out, and a Hi-Point .380. I think I'll just conceal the .380 for now. You might get to see the police model in a cowboy holster at the picnic, lol. I do have a friend that needs a retention holster for a XD .45 compact for the OC picnic. He's a poor college student too, and has been mexican carrying it (bad idea, yeah?).
I bet one of our members has a holster he can borrow. I may even have one he can have. I'll try and remember to bring it, if I can find it...hum where did I put it? I seem to forget stuff lately....What was I saying ...oh yeah I like eggs for breakfast.