• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

conceal carry question

M

mdgary

imported post

WhereI live you can only CC..So my question is this.IfI have a firearm strapped to my belt with a shirt over it and you cansee the impression of the firearm ,but not the actual firearm itself ,Isthefirearmstill concealed?

M

mdgary

imported post

That's what I was thinking too ,think popo will see it that way?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

mdgary wrote:
That's what I was thinking too ,think popo will see it that way?
I CCW'd in SC for ten years. Be careful.

SECTION 23-31-210. Definitions.
As used in this article:

[ ... ]
(6) "Concealable weapon" means a firearm having a length of less than twelve inches measured along its greatest dimension that must be carried in a manner that is hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing except when needed for self-defense, defense of others, and the protection of real or personal property.

LEO 229

imported post

As Doug said... it needs to be hidden so be careful.

If your state has a law against the open carry and people can tell you have a gun under your shirt... you could have the police called on you. :shock:

But it has been my personal experience that the person seen with a gun is normally gone before the police get there. This type call is not a high priority unless there is some kind of threat.

If you plan to CC..... be sure to do it right. When you CC.... you do not want people to have a clue you are armed. You get the element of surprise.

M

mdgary

imported post

Funny!lol!
1240.gif
Thanks for the info ,I would never do anything to jeopardize

my right to carry. just thoughtI'd ask.

M&P.40

imported post

rodbender wrote:
In Texas, printing is illegal. If someone can tell it's a gun, it's printing.

I seen the term "printing" used before in other posts but did not know exactly whatthat meant,thanks for clearing that up for me..