Thread: New member introduction

Post imported post

I wanted to post a quick introduction, now that I've broke my silence with my first post. I've been reading this forum for a month or so, and it's got a lot of great information. I've found it very educational and interesting; up until I stumbled upon all of this information, I did not realize that there was any clear legal stance on open carry in Michigan. I'd always heard arguments on both sides as to whether the "preemption law" applied to open carry or not, so I mistakenly thought it was up to the local ordinances. The sticky thread with all the pertinent "intro" information is an excellent resource!

Anyway, my name's Matt, I'm from Livingston County (SE MI), and I look forward to conversing with everyone here. Since learning that MI has not legally hampered our right to open carry, I've open carried once around town on daily errands. I'm glad that I have the right to do so, but I found myself wishing I had a holster with better retention. Time to buy a SERPA.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO Matt. You are not alone. Most of us here were totally oblivious of our rights until finding this site. Hope to see you at an upcoming gathering.

Ron

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    Welcome to OCDO Matt. You are not alone. Most of us here were totally oblivious of our rights until finding this site. Hope to see you at an upcoming gathering.

Ron
    Yup!!! I'll have to raise my hand on that one.

Welcome Matt.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    warlockmatized wrote:

Ron
    Yup!!! I'll have to raise my hand on that one.

Welcome Matt.
    Hi and welcome

Post imported post

Welcome aboard, Matt.

Hope to meet you soon at a gathering!

Dan
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Congrats on breaking the silence! glad to have ya aboard