• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member introduction

Matt`G

imported post

I wanted to post a quick introduction, now that I've broke my silence with my first post. I've been reading this forum for a month or so, and it's got a lot of great information. I've found it very educational and interesting; up until I stumbled upon all of this information, I did not realize that there was any clear legal stance on open carry in Michigan. I'd always heard arguments on both sides as to whether the "preemption law" applied to open carry or not, so I mistakenly thought it was up to the local ordinances. The sticky thread with all the pertinent "intro" information is an excellent resource!

Anyway, my name's Matt, I'm from Livingston County (SE MI), and I look forward to conversing with everyone here. Since learning that MI has not legally hampered our right to open carry, I've open carried once around town on daily errands. I'm glad that I have the right to do so, but I found myself wishing I had a holster with better retention. Time to buy a SERPA. :)

warlockmatized

imported post

Welcome to OCDO Matt. You are not alone. Most of us here were totally oblivious of our rights until finding this site. Hope to see you at an upcoming gathering.

Ron

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Welcome to OCDO Matt. You are not alone. Most of us here were totally oblivious of our rights until finding this site. Hope to see you at an upcoming gathering.

Ron

Yup!!! I'll have to raise my hand on that one. :)

Welcome Matt.