• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Apology

LEO 229

imported post

I have returned to the board with a new philosophy. I would like to take this time to say a few things to the members.

To Doug Huffman...I give agenuine apology for some insensitive wordssaid to him. A fewcomments were sent his way publicly and privately that were done inthe heat of the moment and uncalled for.

I have since learned that this is not required and has little purpose here.

I hope he can accept my apology and put our differences behind us.

I would also like to take this time to make an apology to anyone else for anything I have said in the past that may have insulted them.

I request any member that has a problem with me or has questions regarding something I post to PM me so that I may correct any deficiencies to fully articulate what I am trying to say.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Apology accepted.

I must differ with you on the use of PM similarly to the use of noms de 'net. This is a public forum and issues raised publicly are best resolved publicly. I am not, and I do not have, a public persona different from a private persona. I write my name and remember who I am and what I stand for.

The hatchet is buried.

I tried hard to teach and convince my daughter (now a D.Ph candidate) that a friend is someone that you are better for knowing than not. Don't expect us to get all lovey dovey and share inside jokes. You are a respected opponent and I will call you on your solecisms.

Either we equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

LEO 229

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Apology accepted.

I must differ with you on the use of PM similarly to the use of noms de 'net. This is a public forum and issues raised publicly are best resolved publicly. I am not, and I do not have, a public persona different from a private persona. I write my name and remember who I am and what I stand for.

The hatchet is buried.

I tried hard to teach and convince my daughter (now a D.Ph candidate) that a friend is someone that you are better for knowing than not. Don't expect us to get all lovey dovey and share inside jokes. You are a respected opponent and I will call you on your solipism.

Either we equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
Thanks Doug...

My reasoning behind the PM is for things I say that needs correction andnot differences in any opinion.

Anything that would be of interest for all to know should be out in the open.

But if I happened to postsomethingout of line that has offended someone... I would personally like to be told privately and have a chance to modify it.I may not return to a thread quick enough to see a public response.

In either case.... let me know in a PM too so I can return and fix it.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I believe that avatar was stolen from The Unknown Comic of some years back. :D

-- John D.

P.S. I have always appreciated Leo 229's presence as we need some LEOs here to give us opinions from their side of the fence, and he has hung in here for a long time now. I am not aware of any previous trouble on the Forum -- partly because I am not a regular here -- but when I HAVE been here, I personally have never seen any cause to take him to task for any of his posts.

Gunslinger

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I have returned to the board with a new philosophy. I would like to take this time to say a few things to the members.

To Doug Huffman...I give agenuine apology for some insensitive wordssaid to him. A fewcomments were sent his way publicly and privately that were done inthe heat of the moment and uncalled for.

I have since learned that this is not required and has little purpose here.

I hope he can accept my apology and put our differences behind us.

I would also like to take this time to make an apology to anyone else for anything I have said in the past that may have insulted them.

I request any member that has a problem with me or has questions regarding something I post to PM me so that I may correct any deficiencies to fully articulate what I am trying to say.
I've disagreed with you in the past many times, and agreed at times, as well. It was never personal on my part--nor will the undoubted future disagreements be. I don't consider you to be a jackass like certain others who belong on this forum like pelosi does. Welcome back. I think you can contribute a good deal of value from the doughnut eater, err, I mean LEO perspective. :cool:

LEO 229

imported post

Guys.. I appreciate the support. :D

I know we will not agree on everything... I am totally fine with that. I do not expect us to always agree either.

I have no problems if we toss reasons and explanations back and forth so the other guy can see where we are coming from. There are times I will ask so I can better understand why you think the way you do.

There have been times when it was a valid explanation while some others... simply defy logic. :lol:

I am not so set in my ways that I cannot change my mind but it does not change without some good reasoning provided first.

I want you all to know that I am here to be helpful and explain how things work.Much of what I tell you is just how it is andnotmy opinion.

So please keep that in mind when I give you bad news.Often times it is NOT my opinion... it is how the system is. Remember... I did not make up the rules. :p

OK.....3 more steps to go.... and I will have completed the program.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm glad you are back, LEO229. I respect that you would make such a public apology.

I don't think we have ever had any squabbles that were beyond a few words between friends that were quickly resolved after a little discussion so I don't think anything in the apology would apply to me. So, I am just making this post as a personal support of your return and your willingness to mend bridges.

Statesman

imported post

I also appreciate that LEO are willing to write on these boards. I wish more would do so, and engage in conversation, and even argument. Regarding OC, some know their appropriate role, within the confines of the law. While I understand LEO are understandably given latitude when performing their job, a minority (hopefully) seem to believe they make the law.

WARCHILD

imported post

Kudo's LEO229: I also have never had any bad feelings towards you. I don't fully agree with some of your views, but so be it. To apologize, in a public forum; This is a true sign of a mature and responsible adult. If more people could let their differences go and focus on the primary goal, we would all be in a better place. Venator and I often have agreed to disagree. This doesen't mean either of us may bend to the other's idea, but we both keep trying. Glad to have you back.

Jerry