Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clean up at the pit today....

Post imported post

Clean up was in progress between DNR & Wattora Off-Road Club. http://www.wattora.com/ When I arrived they had already taken away 9 pickup loads of trash and had about 5 more to go by the looks of it. Brandy from the off-road club and I talked for a bit about the clean up. I told her of OCDO and how we would like to help. I asked her the next time a clean up was planned to either post it here on the site or let me know. The even had a Thurston Deputy show up in case of issues with shooters and clean up. There was also a Reporter from the Olympian (Ron?) there to take pics. Jarhead and I discussed OCDO with him and traded some info.

Post imported post

We could use some media coverage on open carriers cleaning up shooting areas.

Post imported post

Heck, I'd be down for it. Especially if we took all the metal to a scrap yard and started an OCDO defense fund with it.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

How nice, another gun site did a clean up there and dnr and the olympian didnt care. An off road group does it and they show up. Probably get a nice write up in the olympian about how the off roaders care about the enviroment and have to clean up after the shooters.

State Researcher

Post imported post

BIll98501 wrote:
    How nice, another gun site did a clean up there and dnr and the olympian didnt care. An off road group does it and they show up. Probably get a nice write up in the olympian about how the off roaders care about the enviroment and have to clean up after the shooters.
    Maybe the shooters didn't bother making the event known to the media and the off roaders did?

The media is not all knowing and all seeing. I imagine someone with a good eye for publicity tipped off the paper.

Believe it or not, they are not anti gun over there, and the myth of lazy or liberal media pisses me off sometimes.

I spend my working hours representing the Olympian and would not be a sales agent if I did not believe in the product I am selling.

Post imported post

Just for the record I did not know about the clean up. The few of us shooters that showed up today pitched in to help so the process would go faster so we could start shooting. The off roaders scheduled this some time ago with DNR.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Bill what I said was pretty harsh and not aimed at you in particular. I hope it didn't come across that way...

Post imported post

I can't get the link to work.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Post imported post

Aah, I see, the parentheses were the problem.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Aah, I see, the parentheses were the problem.
    Yup.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    BIll98501 wrote:
    Maybe the shooters didn't bother making the event known to the media and the off roaders did?

The media is not all knowing and all seeing. I imagine someone with a good eye for publicity tipped off the paper.

Believe it or not, they are not anti gun over there, and the myth of lazy or liberal media pisses me off sometimes.

I spend my working hours representing the Olympian and would not be a sales agent if I did not believe in the product I am selling.
    They made made it known. And dnr was contacted. They cleaned up a lot, I can't find the post from the other site, I think it is lost in the great abyss between the active board and the archive.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Bill what I said was pretty harsh and not aimed at you in particular. I hope it didn't come across that way...

When are we gonna have the same damn day off so we can go shooting sometime?

State Researcher

Post imported post

BIll98501 wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:

Dunno, Monday and Tuesday for me are pretty much set in stone... although i may be able to finangle a Saturday or Sunday afternoon...

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    BIll98501 wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:

Dunno, Monday and Tuesday for me are pretty much set in stone... although i may be able to finangle a Saturday or Sunday afternoon...
    I work 5-330 m-th. Any time you have some time off fri, sat, or sun, Im ready.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    BIll98501 wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:

I work 5-330 m-th. Any time you have some time off fri, sat, or sun, Im ready.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    I didn't take it that way. I did talk to the reporter about coming to one of the OC meets, let's see what becomes of it.

The link has been fixed in the OP. I also expect to see the article in the paper tomorrow.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Urgh does that mean I have to organize an OC meet in Oly now? :P

State Researcher

Post imported post

Doubletap!

State Researcher

Post imported post

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/576140.html

The article is pretty bland, if down right boring. I don't believe the reporter has any "agenda" though. Space filler really. The off road group was smart and invited the media. Next time a gun group does a clean up, do the same.

That said, notice the crazies are already out in force posting about this. If anyone feels compelled to say something in the comments area respectful, reasonable comments would be best.

Post imported post

Are there comments at The Olympian? I can't see any, nor any link to them. Or do you mean somewhere else?

State Researcher

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    Are there comments at The Olympian? I can't see any, nor any link to them. Or do you mean somewhere else?
    Yes there are comments there. Look at the article I linked to.

Post imported post

OK, problem solved. (FWIW: I'm using NoScript with Firefox, and I had the Olympian's domain script-enabled, but not Haloscan. And let me pause, just once more, and heap another enormous load of well-deserved contempt on those who do stupid fancy javascript stuff when plain old html would do [not at all aimed at you, Steve, of course, but at folks like Haloscan.])

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yeah the O's website is pretty messed up. I use the same no script software...

Post imported post

I checked out the website...sheesh, messed up plus you got a bunch of whacko's posting.

Had a nice shooting lunch at the pit today. It's still a mess and there is still the propane tanks, dart boards and a TV out there.

Everytime I've gone lately I meet some nice folks. TodayI traded off with someonenext to me to shoot off a few rounds out of his new acquisition. Fun stop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast