• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clean up at the pit today....

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Clean up was in progress between DNR & Wattora Off-Road Club. http://www.wattora.com/ When I arrived they had already taken away 9 pickup loads of trash and had about 5 more to go by the looks of it. Brandy from the off-road club and I talked for a bit about the clean up. I told her of OCDO and how we would like to help. I asked her the next time a clean up was planned to either post it here on the site or let me know. The even had a Thurston Deputy show up in case of issues with shooters and clean up. There was also a Reporter from the Olympian (Ron?) there to take pics. Jarhead and I discussed OCDO with him and traded some info.

IMG00293.jpg

BIll98501

imported post

How nice, another gun site did a clean up there and dnr and the olympian didnt care. An off road group does it and they show up. Probably get a nice write up in the olympian about how the off roaders care about the enviroment and have to clean up after the shooters.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

BIll98501 wrote:
How nice, another gun site did a clean up there and dnr and the olympian didnt care. An off road group does it and they show up. Probably get a nice write up in the olympian about how the off roaders care about the enviroment and have to clean up after the shooters.
Maybe the shooters didn't bother making the event known to the media and the off roaders did?

The media is not all knowing and all seeing. I imagine someone with a good eye for publicity tipped off the paper.

Believe it or not, they are not anti gun over there, and the myth of lazy or liberal media pisses me off sometimes.

I spend my working hours representing the Olympian and would not be a sales agent if I did not believe in the product I am selling.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Just for the record I did not know about the clean up. The few of us shooters that showed up today pitched in to help so the process would go faster so we could start shooting. The off roaders scheduled this some time ago with DNR.

BIll98501

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
BIll98501 wrote:
Maybe the shooters didn't bother making the event known to the media and the off roaders did?

The media is not all knowing and all seeing. I imagine someone with a good eye for publicity tipped off the paper.

Believe it or not, they are not anti gun over there, and the myth of lazy or liberal media pisses me off sometimes.

I spend my working hours representing the Olympian and would not be a sales agent if I did not believe in the product I am selling.
They made made it known. And dnr was contacted. They cleaned up a lot, I can't find the post from the other site, I think it is lost in the great abyss between the active board and the archive.

BIll98501

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Bill what I said was pretty harsh and not aimed at you in particular. I hope it didn't come across that way...

:D

When are we gonna have the same damn day off so we can go shooting sometime?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

BIll98501 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Bill what I said was pretty harsh and not aimed at you in particular. I hope it didn't come across that way...

Dunno, Monday and Tuesday for me are pretty much set in stone... although i may be able to finangle a Saturday or Sunday afternoon...

BIll98501

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
BIll98501 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

Dunno, Monday and Tuesday for me are pretty much set in stone... although i may be able to finangle a Saturday or Sunday afternoon...
I work 5-330 m-th. Any time you have some time off fri, sat, or sun, Im ready.

BIll98501

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
BIll98501 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:

I work 5-330 m-th. Any time you have some time off fri, sat, or sun, Im ready.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I didn't take it that way. I did talk to the reporter about coming to one of the OC meets, let's see what becomes of it.

The link has been fixed in the OP. I also expect to see the article in the paper tomorrow.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/576140.html

The article is pretty bland, if down right boring. I don't believe the reporter has any "agenda" though. Space filler really. The off road group was smart and invited the media. Next time a gun group does a clean up, do the same.

That said, notice the crazies are already out in force posting about this. If anyone feels compelled to say something in the comments area respectful, reasonable comments would be best.