Thread: Got my Oregon non-resident permit in 25 days

Post imported post

Post imported post

Do I need the mental health letter like what is stated on the Multnomah County SO's website?

Post imported post

The sheriff presumbably made an inquiry as part of the background check, but I didn't have to include any such letter as part of the application.

Actually, though the "mental health letter" does ring a bell with me, I can't actually find any such mention on the WCSD web site. Where exactly did you see it?

Post imported post

Oh, wait--you said Multnomah County.

Well, I still can't find any mention of it on the main CHL page:nor on the 2 PDF's linked at the bottom of the page, nor does it appear on the FAQ page:OK, maybe it does, since you saw it, but I sure can't find it...

[edited to fix links.]

Post imported post

I just renewed(July 2008)my non resident Oregon CHL for the second time in Multnomah county and the mental health letter is no longer required at least in Multnomah county. All I had to add extra was a letter stating my reasons why I wanted a CHL in Oregon.

The first CHL I got in Multnomah county 8 years ago and my renewal 4 years ago required the mental health letter from the state of WA. but like I said it is no longer needed.

This last renewal in July was the fastest and easiest I have ever had in Multnomah county. After turning in my application I had the permit in about 2 weeks.

Post imported post

I see that the form has changed since the last time I saw it. Good to know that they got rid of it. And thanks for the info on the Oregon CPL! Looks like Columbia County is the way to go!