Thread: Open Cary Holsters for - Taurus Millennium Pro PT145

Post imported post

I just purchased this great handgun and was wondering what Open Carry holsters are available?

More to the point, what holsters are you PT145 owners out there using and or recommending?

Thanks ~~ Gunny

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I own a PT-140, which has the exact same dimensions. Right now I'm using a leather holster made for the XD-9. I've also found that some of the holsters made for a Glock, usually the 19 and 23, will work as well even though they're a little tighter than I like. The best I can tell you is to go to the store and try each one you like that looks like it might fit.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

the deep, most-backward, #50-in-everything South (MS)

Post imported post

There is a more-or-less definitive list of holster makers for Tauri at http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/in...p?topic=7388.0

There's a few that aren't on the list. I know Tucker makes IWB and OWB holsters for the PT145.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Post imported post

I've got the 745 (single stack version, but for holster purposes the exact same gun). I have a High Noon split decision IWB for it and a Don Hume JIT Slide OWB holster for it. Both cheap, both work.

Post imported post

I have a single stack .45ACP Taurus PRO745 in Buy Brown belt holster, with snap-in retention. About $43USD.

Here's the link....

http://www.buybrownholsters.com/

Post imported post

Gunny5821 wrote:
    I just purchased this great handgun and was wondering what Open Carry holsters are available?

More to the point, what holsters are you PT145 owners out there using and or recommending?

Thanks ~~ Gunny
    I have a PT111 Pro Millennium... and as of yet I have not found a custom holster for this model. My best guess would be to contact Taurus directly and see if they know where you can get them. For now I am using a generic Uncle Mikes for my Taurus.

Post imported post

I have a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster for my PT145. Great holster.

Post imported post

I use the blackhawk serpa for a sigpro 2022, it works just fine theSERPA Technology Lock engages the trigger guard. It is a little long but that keeps the front sight from getting damaged.
    Dave
    http://www.survivalfox.com/
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom". - John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President

Post imported post

Which model Nemesis pocket holster fits your Taurus PT145? I'm looking for one for my 745, which, except for the grip, is very similar in size.

Thanks for your help.

Post imported post

Hey Gunny. Ihave a PT145 as well and I am looking into getting a holster for OW as weel . Came across the Fobus model SP11B (or listed as well as SP11b(PR). It runs from $35 to about $50 depending on where you buy. this model is paddle holster that rotates from center 45 degrees forward and backwards. You can also try Blackhawk. they make great tacticle holsters. have one for my Taurus Judge. Trying to find something to fit my taurus PT845. Try this site so far the best price

http://www.opticsplanet.net/printabl...0-5-4-sig.html

Post imported post

I'm a big fan of Comp-Tac's FBI Paddle.

Post imported post

I have a taurus p145 mil pro that i oc in a blackhawk leather check six for a springfield xd compact. The holster is molded almost exactly to the pt145, a lil loose when not strapped on, but tightens up on the gun when on your belt, I absolutely love this holster, its great looking, sits right near the back of your hip, gives a great draw and is super comfy. It's also very fast and can be placed anywhere from the side of your hip to the small of the back. The only thing i wish it had were belt snaps or a paddle versus belt slide slots. Still, it fits the 145 like a glove, re-holsters easily and is easily accessed while seated. I highly recommend this exact holster for this weapon.

heres a link:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/zoom/...mp;adid=212290

Post imported post

I would not use a leather holster made for a different gun. While it may be close it will not fit correctly. I know the XD-9 is close, I just made holsters for a XD-9 and PT145PRO last week, but they are not the same and should not be used interchangeably.

Eugene

Taurus PT145PRO

Springfield XD-9

Post imported post

You said you "just made" holster for PT145Pro? I have a MilPro PT140 Pro that I have been trying to find a holster for. I have tried different holsters at several stores but they are all designed to fit a variety of auto pistols and do not fit PT140 Pro exactly.

Do you make a holster for the Taurus Millenium Pro PT140?

You can email me at rlh1957@yahoo.com

Thanks

Post imported post

I can make holsters for pretty much any gun if I have it to mold the holster to or can get a dummy gun for that make & model gun.

Eugene

Post imported post

I agree that the blackhawk serpa for a sigpro 2022 works great for an open carry holster for the Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro. Here is a pic of mine in the holster. I really like the paddle design of the holster, it is comfortable and easy to use and will not come off accidentally or without a fight. Itkeeps the gun fromrotating forward/backward when worn. The holster has a method for cantering the gunin a forward til if the user wants it.It also rides the gun higher on your waist then the Serpa Level 3 duty holster.

Post imported post

I have the Serpa for the 24/7 and it works great for my Taurus PT111 milpro. I have heard that it fits all the milpros as well as all of the 24/7's

It is a bit long but that doesn't matter to me as I am using it for OC and competition.

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

hciaffa wrote:
    Hey Gunny. Ihave a PT145 as well and I am looking into getting a holster for OW as weel . Came across the Fobus model SP11B (or listed as well as SP11b(PR). It runs from $35 to about $50 depending on where you buy. this model is paddle holster that rotates from center 45 degrees forward and backwards. You can also try Blackhawk. they make great tacticle holsters. have one for my Taurus Judge. Trying to find something to fit my taurus PT845. Try this site so far the best price

http://www.opticsplanet.net/printabl...0-5-4-sig.html
    I have the Fobus Paddle holster, but the fixed cant version. Got it for $20 and I like it very much.

I started out with an Uncle Mikes generic and the Fobus is definitely an upgrade.

RE: Blawkhawk Serpa Hoster for Taurus Mellenium Pro PT145

I came upon this forum today and saw the comments about the Blawkhawk Serpa holster. I went out and bought the holster specific to SigPro 2022. It fits perfectly and locks as it was intended. Yes it is a bit long but I cut and sanded the excess area off and I now have a holster that appears to have been made for my gun. It was easy. I would highly recommend this holster as I am very happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    I use the blackhawk serpa for a sigpro 2022, it works just fine theSERPA Technology Lock engages the trigger guard. It is a little long but that keeps the front sight from getting damaged.