• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry marches

Moooose102

imported post

i was reading a different post. and one of the posts came up with "it's time for an open carry march". does this happen? has it in the past? what about in the near (the next year or so) future? has anyone seriously considered doing this during something like a towns festival parade? it seems to me that it would be a good way to get the word out tothe public. something to think about.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Moooose102 wrote:
i was reading a different post. and one of the posts came up with "it's time for an open carry march". does this happen? has it in the past? what about in the near (the next year or so) future? has anyone seriously considered doing this during something like a towns festival parade? it seems to me that it would be a good way to get the word out tothe public. something to think about.

See Threads:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13910.html and

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13910.html

Also see OCDO Homepage. Click on Multimedia, then click Michigan under Video Channels.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

[align=center]Walks, Demonstrations and Parades
[/align]
These are my thoughts on the subject.

I believe that we the open carry crowd and the open carry "movement" is VERY small and vulnerable at this time.

We are but a very small portion of society, like it or not. As such we are inherently weak with respect to political power.

We are but one grape vine that can be torn from the ground and stomped into extinction. What we need to be is innumerable and covering the country side, a self perpetuating crop of righteous wild grape vines of the best quality of which no one can deny.

It is much harder and takes much time to pluck thousands or even hundreds of thousands of vines from the ground as there will be more growing than can be uprooted.

I believe now is NOT the time for such bold displays, we are not big enough.....yet.

I propose we continue getting the word out, slowly and methodically. Yes, it will take more time but it will give us a better yield of sweeter grapes, and as such we'll have better wine.

Slow steady baby steps.

For all your beer, wine and soda making needs visit HOMEBREWING.ORG hehe

taxwhat

imported post

dougwg wrote:
[align=center]Walks, Demonstrations and Parades
[/align]
These are my thoughts on the subject.

I believe that we the open carry crowd and the open carry "movement" is VERY small and vulnerable at this time.

We are but a very small portion of society, like it or not. As such we are inherently weak with respect to political power.

We are but one grape vine that can be torn from the ground and stomped into extinction. What we need to be is innumerable and covering the country side, a self perpetuating crop of righteous wild grape vines of the best quality of which no one can deny.

It is much harder and takes much time to pluck thousands or even hundreds of thousands of vines from the ground as there will be more growing than can be uprooted.

I believe now is NOT the time for such bold displays, we are not big enough.....yet.

I propose we continue getting the word out, slowly and methodically. Yes, it will take more time but it will give us a better yield of sweeter grapes, and as such we'll have better wine.

Slow steady baby steps.

For all your beer, wine and soda making needs visit HOMEBREWING.ORG hehe
Truth in lending law took time . Well put Dougwg .....................not to take away his thoughts .......................................mine best or worst stated !OPEN letter Dear Lonnie Wilson pm you with no reply .What would be wrong with town hall type open meeting [VFW, library , gun shop , range etc] educate not bash or flag wave , sent invite to police , DA ,elected and all others.Now it is open one on one dialogue for Q and A with or with outmedia .Laundry is in the AIR ,no question left unanswered ! No harm no foul . Poweris knowledge !!! Maybe ask for small donation for legal fund [ 501 c 3] ,with minimal guideline [ drunk , crime , rape ect] Fund for use in MICHIGAN only for start keep it local ! Simply put Educate , exercise , and Eat would please show how not if you can thank you