• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol Scopes

grampayeehaa

imported post

I have an 8 1/2 inch Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casul that I wish to scope and I have long arms. What I need is a scope that will hold up to the recoil and has generous eye relief. I thought of ThompsonCenter but the optics are not all that great. Burris is advertised as shock proof but my shooting buddy has one on his 500. Although it is still holding its zero you can hear something rattling around inside the scope. Weaver, Bushnell Elite 3200, Leupold and a few others also claim to be able to hold up to magnum hand gun recoil but I have no first hand information on them.

Any opinion would be welcome.

Below is pictured one of the scopes that I am concidering. It is a Burris 2X-7X-32mm. It features a Mil Dot Ballistic rectical and has posi lock zero set with 21 inches of eye relief. A shooting buddy uses a Burris on his 500 S&W. It held up well until he bumped up to using 500 gr bullets. The scope is still holding zero but there is something rattling around inside the scope.

Handgun Scope
2X-7X-32mm
handgun5_02.jpg

[align=center]
euroscope6_03.gif
[/align]

handgun5_04.jpg

ffII4_06.jpg