Thread: For the AK Fans

Post imported post

Post imported post

Do you know what the two most reconised objects on earth are? One is not really that shocking (neither are really if you think about it)..... the cross and the ak-47. I think the fact its the cross and the ak-47 is kinda ironic. Sorry not really on topic but I though about it when I saw the shirt.

Post imported post

scoobydoo6906 wrote:
    Do you know what the two most reconised objects on earth are? One is not really that shocking (neither are really if you think about it)..... the cross and the ak-47. I think the fact its the cross and the ak-47 is kinda ironic. Sorry not really on topic but I though about it when I saw the shirt.
    One preaches peace and the other ensures it?

I heart my AK.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

bob

Post imported post

I've said it before in response to someone showing me this... if it didn't have the damn advertisement for the AK Forums, I'd have bought one or more by now. I don't feel like being a walking billboard for a forum that I'm not a member of.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    I've said it before in response to someone showing me this... if it didn't have the damn advertisement for the AK Forums, I'd have bought one or more by now. I don't feel like being a walking billboard for a forum that I'm not a member of.
    I see two possibile solutions for you. Don't read any thread with AK in the title or

join the AK forum, then you will be a member and won't have a bitch anymore.:P

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:
    I see two possibile solutions for you. Don't read any thread with AK in the title or

I got a better solution... I'll keep on loving my AES-10 (like a WASR-10 with a 24" barrel and better internals... and a side-rail) and perhaps get that shirt and figure out a way to remove the lettering of a forum I don't want to join and have never needed the assistance of.

And trying to give me a reason not to bitch?... Nice to meet you Pot, my name's Kettle. :P
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:

I got a better solution... I'll keep on loving my AES-10 (like a WASR-10 with a 24" barrel and better internals... and a side-rail) and perhaps get that shirt and figure out a way to remove the lettering of a forum I don't want to join and have never needed the assistance of.

And trying to give me a reason not to bitch?... Nice to meet you Pot, my name's Kettle. :P

I got help from there for my AK pistol build, which hopefully I will finish this year.

Post imported post

I've wanted to put together an AK pistol in .223Rem (or just buy one) for a while.

I really love my AES-10 and am modding it out to be a modernized Tabuk Sniper.

Pictures of it can be had here: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...-10/?start=all

These two are the most recent, but I've added some stuff that I haven't taken picture of yet:

B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

State Researcher

Post imported post

I just joined up there. Planning an AK build starting with a bending party with a friend.

State Researcher

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    I just joined up there. Planning an AK build starting with a bending party with a friend.
    Here http://howtobuildanaktyperifle.com/index.htm is a site that I found useful...mine is a "Romy"

http://www.copesdistributing.net/ is a very good bunch to do business with...they have a decent selection of AK stuff including parts kits....and $7.95 flat rate shipping.

Post imported post

The AK is the weapon of the enemy, it is made of stamped steel, the sniper version is only good to 2 MOA, its ammo is equivalent or less to the 30-30 and I think that anyone who owns one is a pinko commie and any Real American would sell it and save up for a real rifle like an M1A.*

AK's Suck.

* This post is a humorist post, not intended to offend (Especially Bear 45/70). All similarities to persons living or dead or recently shot are only coincidental.

Post imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
    The AK is the weapon of the enemy, it is made of stamped steel, the sniper version is only good to 2 MOA, its ammo is equivalent or less to the 30-30 and I think that anyone who owns one is a pinko commie and any Real American would sell it and save up for a real rifle like an M1A.*

AK's Suck.

* This post is a humorist post, not intended to offend (Especially Bear 45/70). All similarities to persons living or dead or recently shot are only coincidental.
    See how little you know about the AK. The original reciever was machined, as is the one I choose for my build. As to the weapon of the enemy, after 3 jams in 3 missions from the POS Black Plastic Rifle I replaced it with a battle field pickup andduring the rest of that tour and the next, only had one malfuction. Some dumb ass didn't get the mag inserted properly. So I'm alive because of the weapon of the enemy and you still can't give me one of those POS balck plastic things.

Post imported post

Oy.....it's a joke people, get a grip.

I love my AK and wouldn't trade it for anything...... :P

Post imported post

It's about a 9 on the tension scale around here.

That said, I have the black tapco stuff on my Romy. That's the way it was bought. I like the wood better. Is it difficult to change that polymer stuff back to wood?

Post imported post

gsx1138 wrote:

That said, I have the black tapco stuff on my Romy. That's the way it was bought. I like the wood better. Is it difficult to change that polymer stuff back to wood?
    No difficult at all. Pick up a wood stock set for your model (there are several different stock sets because of the diffeent recieves) and install it with hand tools only.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:

No difficult at all. Pick up a wood stock set for your model (there are several different stock sets because of the diffeent recieves) and install it with hand tools only.
    Cool beans, any recommended stores for sites to buy from? I'd really like a Russian Red look.

Post imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:

Cool beans, any recommended stores for sites to buy from? I'd really like a Russian Red look.
    The last stock set I bought was a the WAC show and that was over 5 years ago.

Post imported post

wheelgunner,

This post is a humorist post
    Maybe you'd better try large, red, bold text next time... :-(

Post imported post

Long live the M14

Post imported post

mtlhdtodd wrote:
    Long live the M14
    But the damn things get real heavy after about 2 hours of carrying them around. I do however like the caliber.

Post imported post

The price you pay for beauty

Post imported post

mtlhdtodd wrote:
    The price you pay for beauty
    Man, you have a very warped view of beauty. I have never considered a battle rifle as pretty. Functional yes, beautiful no.