• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For the AK Fans

Bear 45/70

imported post

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65365

TSHIRT-01.jpg

scoobydoo6906

imported post

Do you know what the two most reconised objects on earth are? One is not really that shocking (neither are really if you think about it)..... the cross and the ak-47. I think the fact its the cross and the ak-47 is kinda ironic. Sorry not really on topic but I though about it when I saw the shirt.

gsx1138

imported post

scoobydoo6906 wrote:
Do you know what the two most reconised objects on earth are? One is not really that shocking (neither are really if you think about it)..... the cross and the ak-47. I think the fact its the cross and the ak-47 is kinda ironic. Sorry not really on topic but I though about it when I saw the shirt.
One preaches peace and the other ensures it?

I heart my AK.

just_a_car

imported post

I've said it before in response to someone showing me this... if it didn't have the damn advertisement for the AK Forums, I'd have bought one or more by now. I don't feel like being a walking billboard for a forum that I'm not a member of.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I've said it before in response to someone showing me this... if it didn't have the damn advertisement for the AK Forums, I'd have bought one or more by now. I don't feel like being a walking billboard for a forum that I'm not a member of.
I see two possibile solutions for you. Don't read any thread with AK in the title or

join the AK forum, then you will be a member and won't have a bitch anymore.:p

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
I see two possibile solutions for you. Don't read any thread with AK in the title or

I got a better solution... I'll keep on loving my AES-10 (like a WASR-10 with a 24" barrel and better internals... and a side-rail) and perhaps get that shirt and figure out a way to remove the lettering of a forum I don't want to join and have never needed the assistance of.

And trying to give me a reason not to bitch?... Nice to meet you Pot, my name's Kettle. :p

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

I got a better solution... I'll keep on loving my AES-10 (like a WASR-10 with a 24" barrel and better internals... and a side-rail) and perhaps get that shirt and figure out a way to remove the lettering of a forum I don't want to join and have never needed the assistance of.

And trying to give me a reason not to bitch?... Nice to meet you Pot, my name's Kettle. :p

RoflLg.gif

I got help from there for my AK pistol build, which hopefully I will finish this year.

Comp-tech

State Researcher

Wheelgunner

imported post

The AK is the weapon of the enemy, it is made of stamped steel, the sniper version is only good to 2 MOA, its ammo is equivalent or less to the 30-30 and I think that anyone who owns one is a pinko commie and any Real American would sell it and save up for a real rifle like an M1A.*

AK's Suck.

* This post is a humorist post, not intended to offend (Especially Bear 45/70). All similarities to persons living or dead or recently shot are only coincidental. :lol:

Metal_Monkey

imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
The AK is the weapon of the enemy, it is made of stamped steel, the sniper version is only good to 2 MOA, its ammo is equivalent or less to the 30-30 and I think that anyone who owns one is a pinko commie and any Real American would sell it and save up for a real rifle like an M1A.*

AK's Suck.

* This post is a humorist post, not intended to offend (Especially Bear 45/70). All similarities to persons living or dead or recently shot are only coincidental. :lol:
1. Some of our allies use aks. Saying a "real american" would sell his...I love ignorant statements like this... In vietnam people threw there POS Colts in the brush and picked AK's up...alot ofOUR MILITARY in Iraq use AK's( just can't bring them back to base). AK is a better gun, may not be as accurate...but I'll take a gun that has more knock down power and doesn't jam while lasting for ever over a plastic p.os. any day of the week.

2. They are not all stamped (even though they are the best)

3. Our enemies have tanks...since we have them also, arewe are commies?

4. I have shot many Ak's/AR's ....never had an ak jam on me...AR's....great toy, personally I wouldn't put my life on any AR. There is a reason so many people choose the AK..if they sucked so bad why is it the #1 assault rifle in the world? It works? It's cheap? It's reliable? I personally think AR's are crap, but I still wouldn't go around and telling people they are commies because someone chooses a gun that is PROVEN to do what it is made for. If the AK was not around I would gladly choose a Stry AUG over an AR. However to each their own.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:

AK's Suck.

See how little you know about the AK. The original reciever was machined, as is the one I choose for my build. As to the weapon of the enemy, after 3 jams in 3 missions from the POS Black Plastic Rifle I replaced it with a battle field pickup andduring the rest of that tour and the next, only had one malfuction. Some dumb ass didn't get the mag inserted properly. So I'm alive because of the weapon of the enemy and you still can't give me one of those POS balck plastic things.

gsx1138

imported post

It's about a 9 on the tension scale around here.

That said, I have the black tapco stuff on my Romy. That's the way it was bought. I like the wood better. Is it difficult to change that polymer stuff back to wood?

Bear 45/70

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:

That said, I have the black tapco stuff on my Romy. That's the way it was bought. I like the wood better. Is it difficult to change that polymer stuff back to wood?
No difficult at all. Pick up a wood stock set for your model (there are several different stock sets because of the diffeent recieves) and install it with hand tools only.

gsx1138

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

No difficult at all. Pick up a wood stock set for your model (there are several different stock sets because of the diffeent recieves) and install it with hand tools only.
Cool beans, any recommended stores for sites to buy from? I'd really like a Russian Red look.

Bear 45/70

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

Cool beans, any recommended stores for sites to buy from? I'd really like a Russian Red look.
The last stock set I bought was a the WAC show and that was over 5 years ago.