• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You can carry.. but can you shoot?

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

50 shots at 7 yards w/ Taurus MilPro PT-140

kindleman

Sheriff

imported post

TipsyMcStagger wrote:
wow 7 yards. good thing most pistol gun fights are at very close range

In reality though, the bad guydoesn't stand still like the target does. :D

A good grouping on a paper target makes people over-confident in their skills.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
TipsyMcStagger wrote:

That's true. But bullet placement is everything, and you have to start somewhere.

LEO 229

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
TipsyMcStagger wrote:

That's true. But bullet placement is everything, and you have to start somewhere.
Training done in steps...

If you cannot hit the target at all that is motionless..... how can you expect to ever hit it while it is moving!!?? ;)

I think self defence by most here will involve close up confrontations anyway. Criminals are not going to get involved in a long and drawn out shootout as they bob and weave behind cover.

Marco

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Criminals are not going to get involved in a long and drawn out shootout as they bob and weave behind cover.

SNIP

Oh, you mean like the Bank,train, mall, college, school, church, diner and grocery storemass murderers just to name a few.

[line]
I hopeany criminal I may have to faceis a poor shot, unlucky and has aunloaded gun.

Edit:
forgot something.

Carnivore

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
The wife's target

HK P30

5 Rounds from 7 yards

LEO's target

Glock 26

50 Rounds from 7 yards

Nice shootin, you and Mom got it figured out, 50 rounds in one target, I don't see a problem with that myself, looks like your instinctive shooting skills are second to none.. Don't see 1 flyer. 50 rounds in one bad guy hopefully never, but why blow out 10 or more targets when 1 serves the purpose.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
TipsyMcStagger wrote:

+1 :)

Carnivore

imported post

Most bad guys won't be wearing a 1" orange dot either,or break dancing their way into your range.. control and consistenct is what I see on LEO229's target, personally I like to shoot at atleast 10 to 15 yds, I won't be cutting holes, but someone with a 16" wide body mass will surely get the message.

LEO 229

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Criminals are not going to get involved in a long and drawn out shootout as they bob and weave behind cover.

SNIP

Oh, you mean like the Bank,train, mall, college, school, church, diner and grocery storemass murderers just to name a few.

[line]
I hopeany criminal I may have to faceis a poor shot, unlucky and has aunloaded gun.

I said....

Training done in steps...

If you cannot hit the target at all that is motionless..... how can you expect to ever hit it while it is moving!!?? ;)

I think self defence by most here will involve close up confrontations anyway. Criminals are not going to get involved in a long and drawn out shootout as they bob and weave behind cover.
This wasin discussion about what is more common to happen.

What is more likely to happen to the members here?Falling victim toan armed robbers.. ora mass murder??!

How many mass murders have there been this year anyway?

Mass murderers have little need to escape after their crime. In fact.. they are simply looking for more people to kill and do not want to get away while they reload.

But other criminals want toget awayso they can spend themoney the acquired. I do not see them stopping and engaging you in a gun fight as they probably do not have any more bullets than are in the gun.

Oh...please save your smart ass remarks for something more appropriate. You knew what I was talking about. :uhoh:

Marco

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Oh...please save your smart ass remarks for something more appropriate. You knew what I was talking about. :uhoh:
snip...

How mature!!!!:quirky
I thought you liked to debate.

[line]

LEO 229 wrote:
How many mass murders have there been this year anyway?|
snip...

Just one is too many, remember mass = > numbers.

[line]

I never said there wasn't a need for practice.
However, only practicing what you are good at shooting (blaze orange targets centers @7yrds) is ego boosting and not practice.

Besides doesn't the county (the taxpayers) provide you with free ammo?
I would except you to be a decent shot being a sponsored shooter.

Edit.
typo's

bluer1

imported post

PTR-MSG91 7.62x51mm 146gr. Lithuanian surplus.
100yds. Flyer on right was the cold-bore shot. FTW.

IMG_0222.jpg

FightingGlock19

imported post

Ah, nothing like marksmanship mastrubation

I decided to do something that I've not done before at the range ...
259721.jpg

I had a little bit to clean up when I was done, although I haven't cleaned out the bed of the pick 'em up truck, yet ...
259720.jpg

tarzan1888

imported post

LEO 229

Does this count as good shooting?

I was doing pull and shoot drills, where I would pull and fire two shots in rapid succession.

I did this 3 times at between 20 and 25 feet with a 1911 A1 .45 ACP. The shots to the eye and the mouth were for effect.

Tarzan

rwt101

imported post

This is a pic of my qualifying for my HCP. It was at several distances. I don't remember all of them. I used a Taurus PT99AF 9mm. It was overcast and a light rain. We had to put 6 in the clip at a time for each station. I don't think it was too bad for an old man.
Bob T
E. Tn

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rwt101 wrote:
This is a pic of my qualifying for my HCP. It was at several distances. I don't remember all of them. I used a Taurus PT99AF 9mm. It was overcast and a light rain. We had to put 6 in the clip at a time for each station. I don't think it was too bad for an old man.
Bob T
E. Tn
Bob! Ya kilt him!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

25-06 at 300yds Just the one shot (brightest spot)
Yes a rifle, and yes scoped... Don't have any pistol target pics handy...:uhoh: