• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New obama quote regarding guns

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me.’’

...anyone got the video of this?

Huck

imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me.’’
Not the only reason. Besides being anti second ammendment how about being anti-American, communist, racist, terrorist coddling, and totally unsuited to even be a community organizer let alone POTUS as reasons not to vote for nObama?

We need a leader, not someone who's only "present" when something needs to be done.

Deanimator

imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:

...anyone got the video of this?
How's this sound if you substitute a few words and the speaker?

"Even if I want to reinstate slavery, I don't have the votes in Congress," David Duke said. "This can't be the reason not to vote for me."

My answer to both is, "Want to bet?"

But then there are a LOT of people with fairly... rudimentary thought processes who will buy anything he says. This weekend, my mother's response to my comment about Obama hanging out with terrorists was, "That happened a long time ago!" With that in mind, there's no reason for her not to vote for Byron de la Beckwith, since he murdered Medgar Evers even farther back in time.

Orygunner

imported post

I think this isthe video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD_CnvbO50Q

Here's the Wall Street Journal article, too:
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/05/obama-im-not-going-to-take-your-guns-away/

It's funny how he likes to mention sportsmen, and even once in a great while says it's ok to "protect your families." I hope that in the debates we get down to the nitty gritty, see what he believes about "shall issue" concealed carry, see what he thinks about the Evil Black Rifles, etc. etc.

...I'm hoping that America sees him for who he really is before it's too late! :)...
...Orygunner...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tell the truth and it is easy to remember. Take a stand and tell us what you believe.

Say what you think the people want to hear or what you think will be good for you and you will have a lot to remember - it will trip you up - it has in Osama's case.

Question of the day: Would you buy a used car from him?

Yata hey

yeahYeah

imported post

he seems like a nice guy....

dahm him and his sportsmen crap!!!! can't this man see that the 2a is not about hunting!!!!!

it's KEEP and bear arms...he always leaves an important part out.

The Donkey

imported post

Orygunner wrote:

The video is worth watching, because Obama is misquoted above:

He pledges to uphold 2A for self protection as well as sports,

And that he will not, and does not want to, take guns away from anyone but criminals and the mentally ill.

Then, referring to "your gun"he says:

"By the way, here's another thing you got to understand:

Even if I wanted to take it away, I couldn't get it done. I don't have the votes in Congress. . .

This can't be the reason not to vote for me; because your guns, we're not going to mess with them."

IMHO:

1. there is no difference between what Obama says about his opinions on guns in this video, and McCain's declared positions on guns;

2. what Obama says about votes for gun control in Congress is correct.:)

1st freedom

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Orygunner wrote:

And that he will not, and does not want to, take guns away from anyone but criminals and the mentally ill.

Even if I wanted to take it away, I couldn't get it done. I don't have the votes in Congress. . .

This can't be the reason not to vote for me; because your guns, we're not going to mess with them."

IMHO:

1. there is no difference between what Obama says about his opinions on guns in this video, and McCain's declared positions on guns;

Obamas voting record is not misquoted,what he say's and what he does are two differant things.

You said that all he wants to do is takeguns from criminals,,, explane to me how doing away with law abiding citizens having aCCW permit will efect only criminals other than making a crime safer for the perpeteator

You are either very nieve or disallusioned.

Like his friend Jerimia Wright said" Oboma is a politition, he will say what ever he needs to to get elected"

The Donkey

imported post

1st freedom wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
Orygunner wrote:

IMHO:

Obamas voting record is not misquoted, what he say's and what he does are two differant things.

You said that all he wants to do is takeguns from criminals,,, explane to me how doing away with law abiding citizens having aCCW permit will efect only criminals other than making a crime safer for the perpeteator

You are either very nieve or disallusioned.

Like his friend Jerimia Wright said" Oboma is a politition, he will say what ever he needs to to get elected"

The point: this entire topic is based on a misquotation of what Obama actually said.

You are welcome to disbelieveObama: approaching all candidateswithskepticism is a good idea. . . . ButtheDonkey is not moved whencommentators misquoteanyone to serve their own unique realities.

IMO, whatObama actuallysays about his policy position in the video is genuine.

BTW, I searched the anti-Obama site for evidence that Senator Obama voted against law abiding citizens having a CCW permit, and could not find anything to support this claim. Instead, it was mostly about what former DC DA Eric Holder might believe. Do you have the citation?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
That doesn't make sense. Why would he only want to disarm his political base?

:celebrate

:p

Orygunner

imported post

The Donkey wrote:

BTW, I searched the anti-Obama site for evidence that Senator Obama voted against law abiding citizens having a CCW permit, and could not find anything to support this claim. Instead, it was mostly about what former DC DA Eric Holder might believe. Do you have the citation?

I'm not sure whether he's actually VOTED opposing CCW permits, but he has publicly stated he's against it:

From this article: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_560181.html
[Obama] differs with McCain and Clinton about whether people should be allowed to carry concealed guns. Clinton and McCain oppose outlawing it.

"I am not in favor of concealed weapons," Obama said. "I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."
And OK, so he's stated he's not going to take our guns. But that statement doesn't eliminate that he wouldn't want to register them, or ban sale of new ones (like signing a new Assault Weapons Ban), or oppose national Concealed Carry reciprocity between states, or appoint anti-gun rights judges.

...I feel dirty just reading Obama's quotes... :uhoh:
...Orygunner...

1st freedom

imported post

I never said that he voted on a national ban. but I did find this in the Chicago Tribune relating to his 2004 Senate race:

Quote:

. . . In a February survey of Democratic primary candidates for the U.S. Senate by the Tribune, Obama said he opposed allowing ordinary citizens to carry concealed weapons and that a federal law banning concealed carried weapons except for law enforcement is needed. . . .

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions
  • Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
  • Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
  • Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
  • Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

sccrref

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Question of the day: Would you buy a used car from him?

Yata hey
Not a used car or a brand spanky new one. I am not Even buying the smelly stuff he is trying to sell to the people of this nation. I hope that everyone else wakes up and recognizes what he is shovelling at least by the smell if not by the words.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
The video is worth watching, ...

Donk,

You're a friendly guy and we enjoyed talking with you at the VCDL meeting; but you've killed your credibility...with me anyway...by:

1. Almost completely disappearing from the forum after your candidate's, Sen. Webb (VA-D), election.

2. Webb's lukewarm support for 2A.

The video maymore accurately reflectSenator Obama's stated position, but I'm not buying the statements.