• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KY open carry Pamphlet

Statesman

imported post

This is not legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

Be prepared to have your CC instructor claim that you'll be arrested/ticketed for Disorderly Conduct, which does not apply to Open Carry, without some other cause. Such charges are thrown out in court in KY, to my knowledge.

Also, there's no such charge as inciting panic, or whatever it's called. It's covered under these two KRS, to my knowledge, but does not apply since it's a legitimate purpose.

http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/525-00/055.PDF

525.055 Disorderly conduct in the first degree.
(1) A person is guilty of disorderly conduct in the first degree when he or she:
(a) In a public place and with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or
alarm, or wantonly creating a risk thereof:
1. Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous, or threatening behavior;
2. Makes unreasonable noise; or
3. Creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act that
serves no legitimate purpose

Open Carry is a Constitutionally protected right in Kentucky. I believe intent to cause alarm has to be proven here, and OC is a legitimate purpose (self defense). You'll find many people agree with this here.

http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/525-00/060.PDF

525.060 Disorderly conduct in the second degree.
(1) A person is guilty of disorderly conduct in the second degree when in a public place
and with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, or wantonly
creating a risk thereof, he:
(a) Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous, or threatening behavior;
(b) Makes unreasonable noise;
(c) Refuses to obey an official order to disperse issued to maintain public safety
in dangerous proximity to a fire, hazard, or other emergency; or
(d) Creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act that serves no
legitimate purpose.

Statesman

imported post

KYgundoc wrote:
You do not understand I am the instructor.
Wow!!! How far we have come!! We have a CC instructor promoting open carry? This is great!

Oh, and the charge I was referring to earlier that does not exist in KRS, is "disturbing the peace". Nothing shows up on http://www.lrc.ky.gov/search.idq for it, but there are plenty of hits on "Disorderly conduct", which does not apply to lawful open carry.

Ivan Sample

imported post

I just want to say thank-you to all. For putting open carry in the light. I have a conceal carry permit and didn'tknow that I could open carry here in Louisville, ky. Thanks once again for the information.:dude:

steven1227

imported post

thanks to all of you. this sight is helping me be more at ease with oc in louisville Ky :celebrate

steven1227

imported post

i just started to open carry in louisville Ky and have not been asked to leave any where i'v been. i also live in middletown

KYKevin

imported post

I like the pamplets. But they can be a bit combersome to keep on you. Has anyone designed a small business card type that maybe you could hand out to people who come up to you. Maybe even uninformed leo''s?

Hand it to them with your drivers license at the same time.

bhussung

Pamphlet

Does anyone have the original attachments from this thread? It seems they were lost during the import process.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Does anyone have the original attachments from this thread? It seems they were lost during the import process.

Welcome aboard OCDO.

On a thread this old, you'd do better to start a new thread on the Ky forum if you don't find the info already there.