• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison Open Carry

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
Even Doug, an elected Town official who has MORE pull than the general public, cannot get it up for consideration.
Thank you for the observation. Even a County Supervisor does not control the Board's Agenda and especially in the face of opposition from the Chairman. Individually we are only citizens.

I have a County Supervisor - one - so the County Boards must be flooded with petitions and every one copied to the local newsrag. If you can find brightly colored paper, better. If there were more of us disciplined to post synchronously, better still.

Our individually coordinated actions cannot be corrupted by agitators working from their own agenda. That is what I believe is the purpose of OCDO.

My most memorable sight as a gun rights activist was of legislative offices cluttered with orange postcards. IIRC GRSC then numbered ~3000 active. Each got a pre-printed sheet perforated to postcards for each of the subject legislators. Even the janitors should have noticed something.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Our individually coordinated actions cannot be corrupted by agitators working from their own agenda. That is what I believe is the purpose of OCDO.

Thank you for the lesson from the HenriettaTG school of tangential distractions. This is precisely the agit-prop to which I was referring.

http://www.amazon.com/Wausau-Astrobrights-Colored-Assortment-22289/dp/B00006IDQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1224093779&sr=1-1

Wausau Paper Astrobrights 8 1/2 x 11 Inch 24 lb Colored Paper Assortment 500 Sheets (22289) Other products by Wausau No customer reviews yet.Be the first. | More about this product List Price: $20.08 Price: $16.91 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details You Save: $3.17 (16%)
twister_promo_sticker._V266267028_.gif
Special Offers Available
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Bunker

imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
Time for another addition of the Bunker show?
Seeing is I enjoy your "show" so much, I thought I'd return the favor.

:?When someone says:
"Took about a 30 minute stroll to the park with the girlfriend, dog and .357 magnum today"
...I find that to be bull@#$%. Stroll in the park with my .357?? I laughed my ass off when I read that, and so did a few others. When was this, at 3 AM? Sorry dude, Madison police would of arrested you IF they saw you. You just didn't get caught.

Some of you nutbags here have done more harm to get "any" carry in Wisconsin by some of the laughable posts here in the Wisconsin section.Some of the posts here are just ammunition for the anti-gunners to use. Some of you nut cases are just clowns who want to walk down the street wearing a gun acting like your now the bad-ass of the block. Or maybe you might get mugged by a customer at Menards...

The big laugh is how the thread Mr. Para started on his intentions to go armed and subsequent arrest was closed down in order to silence any "opposing views" that folks don't want to hear around here. Did Mr para take a plea yet? Why the silence?

Try putting your efforts into getting a CCW law instead. At least with a CCW law, yougun nuts will berequired to get at least SOME training and certification before you can go armed with a dangerous weapon on the public streets. Why should a untrained person be allowed to carry a dangerous weapon?? CCW is coming, why not put your efforts behind that. This open carry @#$% only hinders us from getting a CCW law.

All I see is a lot of talk, no action. If you all think it'sSO LEGAL to carry a firearm anyware & whenyou want, then do it. Show everyone here you actualy have a pair. Strap on that gun and walk down a busy street. Walk down Main St in Waukesha and see how far you get before your arrested. At least Mr Para had the acorns to try. (And to this day I'll say it was stupid to walk into Menards armed)

:quirkyIn fact, lets do it this weekend (or any day you want). I challange someone, anyone hereto strap on yer gun and walk just 6 blocks in downtown Waukesha. Let me know when and where and I'll be there too....and I'll wear my gun and we'll see WHO gets arrested. Gots da balls?

:monkeySome of you folks should start putting yer money where yer mouth's are....

:shock:Let me ask one question of you gunslingers....

How many of you have had anypratical training in defending yourself with a firearm AND defending your weapon from being taken away from you???

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bunker wrote
The big laugh is how the thread Mr. Para started on his intentions to go armed and subsequent arrest was closed down in order to silence any "opposing views" that folks don't want to hear around here. Did Mr para take a plea yet? Why the silence?
There is no silence. Maybe you should pay more attention. ;)

"
At least with a CCW law, yougun nuts will berequired to get at least SOME training and certification before you can go armed with a dangerous weapon on the public streets."

Just like the "gun nuts" in Vermont, right Bunker? ;)

"Why should a untrained person be allowed to carry a dangerous weapon?? "

I don't know, ask lawmakers in Vermont. They must have a bloodbath on their hands with the way CCW is run in that state.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Bunker wrote:
trailblazer2003 wrote:
Time for another addition of the Bunker show?
Seeing is I enjoy your "show" so much, I thought I'd return the favor.

:?When someone says:
"Took about a 30 minute stroll to the park with the girlfriend, dog and .357 magnum today"
...I find that to be bull@#$%. Stroll in the park with my .357?? I laughed my ass off when I read that, and so did a few others. When was this, at 3 AM? Sorry dude, Madison police would of arrested you IF they saw you. You just didn't get caught.

Some of you nutbags here have done more harm to get "any" carry in Wisconsin by some of the laughable posts here in the Wisconsin section.Some of the posts here are just ammunition for the anti-gunners to use. Some of you nut cases are just clowns who want to walk down the street wearing a gun acting like your now the bad-ass of the block. Or maybe you might get mugged by a customer at Menards...

Try putting your efforts into getting a CCW law instead. At least with a CCW law, yougun nuts will berequired to get at least SOME training and certification before you can go armed with a dangerous weapon on the public streets. Why should a untrained person be allowed to carry a dangerous weapon?? CCW is coming, why not put your efforts behind that. This open carry @#$% only hinders us from getting a CCW law.

All I see is a lot of talk, no action. If you all think it'sSO LEGAL to carry a firearm anyware & whenyou want, then do it. Show everyone here you actualy have a pair. Strap on that gun and walk down a busy street. Walk down Main St in Waukesha and see how far you get before your arrested. At least Mr Para had the acorns to try. (And to this day I'll say it was stupid to walk into Menards armed)

:quirkyIn fact, lets do it this weekend (or any day you want). I challange someone, anyone hereto strap on yer gun and walk just 6 blocks in downtown Waukesha. Let me know when and where and I'll be there too....and I'll wear my gun and we'll see WHO gets arrested. Gots da balls?

:monkeySome of you folks should start putting yer money where yer mouth's are....

:shock:Let me ask one question of you gunslingers....

How many of you have had anypratical training in defending yourself with a firearm AND defending your weapon from being taken away from you???

News Flash Bunker! You know, you could attempt to get the facts and not always speak from a position of ignorance. So I just didn't get caught eh?

Well, first of all, it was mid-afternoon, closer to 3 p.m. than 3 a.m.

Secondly, Madison Police know I open carry because I have told them that I do. And here is a direct quote from a Madison Police Department sergeant in correspondence to me on the subject:

"If all a person is doing is lawfully possessing a gun, then the sum of our response might be to merely observe what we can from a lawful vantage point, make an assessment as to what (if anything) may be a crime or ordinance violation and then make a consensual contact, if appropriate. We are duty-bound to respect constitutional precepts and case law and would not take action if it is not warranted."

It doesn't sound like the Madison Police Department is out to get me if I open carry, does it?

The sergeant went on to tell me:

"I can assure you that our emphasis in the academycertainly has a constitutional "powers" component---i.e., what the police can do. But with equal vigor and commitment, our Department prides itself on schooling our officer on constitutional "limitations"--i.e., what the police CANNOT do and what we should all want from our police department if WE were the citizens being contacted."

The Madison Police Department appears to be much more aware of the legality and constitutional protections afforded to open carry in Wisconsin than YOU are, Bunker. So you can laugh your silly self-satisfied laugh all you wish but, as usual, you are dead wrong.

To answer your other question-- as irrelevant as it is-- not only have I had far more training in the use of firearms than is required of police officers, I am also a defensive firearms instructor. Oh, and the firearms retention training that I (along with all the other members of the Civilian Combat League to which I belong) have received was given by the same individual who trained police officers that subject in the Madison Police Department for 20+ years.

Parabellum can speak well enough for himself, but if you would pay attention you would know that there's no reason for him to "take a plea" because he has never been charged with anything--- an inconvenient fact that flies in the face of your stubborn and incorrect belief that it is somehow illegal to open carry in Wisconsin.

Also, Dipshit, your belief that passage of a CCW statute in Wisconsin would require "training and certification" is predicated on the assumption that such a law actually contained that requirement. How do you know it will? Not all states with CCW require any particular training to get a permit. Take a look at Pennsylvania, for example. Secondly, even if CCW passed in Wisconsin with training requirements, nothing would require people who OC to receive training. Some people might just not care to go through training or pay for a permit and will happily OC without either.

What is your basis for saying that OC has hindered getting CCW in Wisconsin? I'll answer the question for you--- you HAVE no basis for saying that-- which is pretty much what we've come to expect from you: groundless assertions with absolutely nothing to back them up. If anybody on here is "all talk" it's you.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Mike, as far as I know he's never been charged with anything. I'm not surprised by that. He has a hearing next month regarding the return of his firearm. I hope to attend!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Mike, as far as I know he's never been charged with anything. I'm not surprised by that. He has a hearing next month regarding the return of his firearm. I hope to attend!

Great! Let's get some publicity going on this - returning his gun and refusing to charge him formally would seem to validate the fact that legally speaking, no charge lies for disorderly conduct or other offenses for mere peaceful open carry.

Maybe hold a celebration open carry picnic afterwards if it is not too cold?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Too cold? We've had frost at least a half dozen times already this month, and the top of my car had ice on it last night. Nah, it's never too cold for a picnic in Wisconsin! :celebrate

I wonder if we could do some tailgating in the Menards parking lot??? ;)

gdyslin

imported post

Just wish a few people would get falsely arrested, fight it and win so I could come out of the closet as they say and OC myself. Even though Madison is by far one of the safer bigger cities I have lived in it is surely getting worse evry year. Work for the Fed and need to keep my clearance to keep my job so could not afford to be a test case.

Doug Huffman

Banned

Bunker

imported post

smithman wrote:
Bunker I have OCed in downtown Waukesha with no problems.
Oh really??? Lets do it again, say this weekend. I'd love to watch you get arrested. Let me know where & when.

WIG19

imported post

smithman wrote:
Bunker I have OCed in downtown Waukesha with no problems.

Yeah, I untagged this thread but had to check. And since it wasn't much of a detour off the interstate, decided to stop by Waukesha this weekend on the way back from a match in Milwaukee.

This must be two coincidences in a row.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I don't really have any place to go today, but it's too nice to stay in. So glock girl, the mutt, and I went for a leisurely stroll through the neighborhood, the park, a side street and back home. I wore SP101 .357. Plenty of people passed by, nothing noteworthy happened. Probably out for half and hour or so, then another 15 minutes in the front yard because the cat demanded equal time (good thing the cat can't tell time, huh?)

I am fortunate to live nowhere close to a school zone! But even a mile is still too close to a so-called "gun free" zone for me.

AaronS

imported post

To be honest, I like the posts that Bunker gives us. It shows the "other" side if the issue. It shows that we need to do a lot of work to get people like him to accept the law for what it is, and not what he wants it to be.

His posts might get a lot of people mad, but you have to understand. He has a real fear of guns, and I am guessing he must have his reasons for it.

I do think we should take him up on the Waukesha carry date. Give him the time and area, and let him try to get his cop friends to come get us. As far as I know, I don't think anyone is asking Waukesha for any money damages for the violation of civil rights, yet.