• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison Open Carry

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Took about a 30 minute stroll to the park with the girlfriend, dog and .357 magnum today. Plenty of people around, no funny looks or problems.

Nytedrgn

imported post

Congratulations Shotgun...I can't wait to OC myself...gonna get around to it in a few weeks...need to get myself something to carry tho first...been spending all my money on keeping my car running...now that I've got a better job i can actually afford to buy another firearm lol

apjonas

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Took about a 30 minute stroll to the park with the girlfriend, dog and .357 magnum today. Plenty of people around, no funny looks or problems.
Did you plan around school zones?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

There is one private and one public school in my area, but my normal route takes me nowhere close to being within a thousand feet of either one. I'd have to walk over a mile and a half from my house to even begin to get into an area where I would have to give any consideration to the school zone law.

Bunker

imported post

shotgunwrote:
Took about a 30 minute stroll to the park with the girlfriend, dog and .357 magnum today.
In Madison? I doubt it. Next time let me know where and when. I want to watch you get arrested.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

We tried twice, Mike, but for various reasons they did not happen. Now it's getting close to the end of "picnic season" in WI. But I feel like there's been pretty good progress with OC in the heavily liberal anti-gun town of Madison.

Support The 2nd

imported post

To my knowledge, not one county has even discussed the resolution in committee much less voted for it. Now before you go off with the "it takes time" crap, consider that there are counties enacting smoking ban and other ordinances. The ordinance comes out of nowhere on a Friday, is approved by committee on Monday, and is in front of the whole board for adoption within a few weeks. THIS IS HAPPENING, but the RTKBA resolutions have gone NOWHERE since August.

Even Doug, an elected Town official who has MORE pull than the general public, cannot get it up for consideration.

We may be making MINOR inroads, but we have not achieved the success we had hoped for. We were misled by the disorganization of the Wisconsin Patriots. The resolutions were a great idea that was mishandled, and have now died. The net result is that it has made us supporters look like radicals and it has hurt the cause greatly.

smithman

imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
To my knowledge, not one county has even discussed the resolution in committee much less voted for it. Now before you go off with the "it takes time" crap, consider that there are counties enacting smoking ban and other ordinances. The ordinance comes out of nowhere on a Friday, is approved by committee on Monday, and is in front of the whole board for adoption within a few weeks. THIS IS HAPPENING, but the RTKBA resolutions have gone NOWHERE since August.

Even Doug, an elected Town official who has MORE pull than the general public, cannot get it up for consideration.

We may be making MINOR inroads, but we have not achieved the success we had hoped for. We were misled by the disorganization of the Wisconsin Patriots. The resolutions were a great idea that was mishandled, and have now died. The net result is that it has made us supporters look like radicals and it has hurt the cause greatly.
PEOPLE WANT SMOKING BANS way more than they want OC. It's just that simple. People are PUSHING the government and won't take no for an answer.

How have we been misled by the Patriots? The organization has done everything they said they would do....collect signatures, send in petitions to the counties, send in petitions and copies to all the legislators, copies to the AG, and copies to all county DA's. Now its in the government's hands. If your tired of waiting then march down to your county buildings and ask to speak with someone on the board. Ask to speak with the chief of police. The resolutions also depend on people taking interest and pushing the government to consider it. The Patriots are only so big.

Made us look like radicals?? Well if encouraging counties and LEOs to respect the rights of citizens is "radical", then America is DOOMED. The state should already be doing that. Also, is the idea of helping people to be secure in their persons while in public (when police aren't there to save you) such a radical idea?

Consider these things before attacking this organization. I am fighting for OC. If you want to wait around for the WI political climate to change, you'd better bring some high calorie food.

edit: added last paragraph