• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Northtown Mall

BobR

imported post

I received this pic from Surfj9009 to post here. His phone won't let him post a picture here.

From the description he gave in his email, this is posted at Northtown Mall. If you shop there let the managers of the stores know why you can't come into the mall and spend your money with them anymore.

bob

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I'd say that any mall in Washington State has the same policy because many are owned by the same parent organization or a sister corp. Every mall that I know of from Everett to Olympia and the Spokane area bans weapons.
You'll usually find these signs at the mall entrances but not larger stores ( Sears, Pennys, Macys) When I have to go to a mall I do not OC, I CC, get my business done and leave, however I have OC'd plenty in Sears without issue.

BobR

imported post

That is the way I normally do it. I will cover up if going into the common areas of the malls, but if just in an individual store or restaurant I will OC.

bob

just_a_car

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I'd say that any mall in Washington State has the same policy because many are owned by the same parent organization or a sister corp. Every mall that I know of from Everett to Olympia and the Spokane area bans weapons.
You'll usually find these signs at the mall entrances but not larger stores ( Sears, Pennys, Macys) When I have to go to a mall I do not OC, I CC, get my business done and leave, however I have OC'd plenty in Sears without issue.
Actually, I've found that every time I go to Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood, I check the doors I enter and can find no such written policy or signage barring firearms. Also, I've OC'd there twice (and twice in only the Sears) and had no problems from security. We're not talking a quick in-and-out, either. I walked almost the full length of the mall on one trip, then on the other, I did a full length of the mall stopped into two shops and then to the Food Court and sat down outside to read and have a cold drink, then back the same way I came without stopping at the shops.

Oddly enough, supposedly the parent company owns other malls that bar firearms through signage. Perhaps they're just being lazy?

surfj9009

imported post

thanks bob for posting this. I know it has been discussed before on here so there's the picture. I hate the mall, so I try to avoid it as much as possible anyways, but when I do go, I CC.
I have gone in several entrances and only seen this sign at the south entrance by Barnes and Noble.

David.Car

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
thanks bob for posting this. I know it has been discussed before on here so there's the picture. I hate the mall, so I try to avoid it as much as possible anyways, but when I do go, I CC.
I have gone in several entrances and only seen this sign at the south entrance by Barnes and Noble.
Yeah I know I brought it up in another post before I went down to the Republic of Kali last month.

As far as I know, that is the only enterance where it is posted, but it is posted.

Thankfully I pretty much never have to go in to either of the malls. The most I ever do is a movie maybe once ever 2 - 3 months and I am usually CC for that.

Shy_Panda

imported post

Well, apparently this alleged sign does exist. I didn't see it when I used that exact entrance and the two security guards didn't care when they saw me walk in with my exposed beretta:?. Either theydidn't know the rules or they didn't care about the rules. Regardless of the opinions of the two guards I think it odd.