• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show this weekend?

ORCGUY

imported post

I went to thelast gunshow at Dulles Expo, and was not that impressed with the selection/prices offered from the vendors. At $12.00 just to get in the door, is it worth it? Am I going to save $12 on a holster or ammo, as to going somewhere else any other day of the week? I guess I'm looking for justification to going again. I really want an XD-40 sc, but I'm not sure this is the place to get the deal I'm looking for.

What say ye?

nova

imported post

I'll be there. I don't know why but I just love going to them. Plus I need more GA Arms ammo and figured if I see any nice guns...well, you know.

Neplusultra

imported post

ORCGUY wrote:
What say ye?
That's *my* line! What say ye about that!? :X:D

Edit: I go to shows because you do find enough good deals to make it worth it. Plus you can haggle. But just like Ebay don't think it's a good deal just because it's at a show.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ORCGUY wrote:
I went to thelast gunshow at Dulles Expo, and was not that impressed with the selection/prices offered from the vendors. At $12.00 just to get in the door, is it worth it? Am I going to save $12 on a holster or ammo, as to going somewhere else any other day of the week? I guess I'm looking for justification to going again. I really want an XD-40 sc, but I'm not sure this is the place to get the deal I'm looking for.

What say ye?
Gilbert's has boxes and boxes of XD 40's and 45's - AND - they are on SALE!

richarcm

imported post

I went to the last show, joined the NRA and got in for free!

Plus you don't go to shows like this (for anything) simply to save money. You go partly just for the fun of being there. Unless you are buying something more than ammo or a holster you may NOT actually save any money. I went there and didn't buy anything at all. I guess I really lost out. But I had fun. Being in a large showroom with lots of cool stuff and lots of cool people is worth $12 to me. I could just walk around and look at everything the entire day and be more than happy with the $12 it cost to get in.

That's just me.

eyesopened

imported post

joeamt wrote:
ORCGUY wrote:

What say ye?
Gilbert's has boxes and boxes of XD 40's and 45's - AND - they are on SALE!
But Gilberts is way overpriced IMO. I got my XD45 Compact from the Dulles show a few years ago for $500 OTD, while Gilberts and Shooters (when they were still open) wanted close to $600 before taxes.

AbNo

imported post

Well, if Georgia Arms has one of their tables there, their ammo is pretty good, and costs as much/a little less than WWB.

Plus it comes with a free ammo can. :celebrate

Oh, and if there is a VCDL table, you could volunteer to help work that, you know. I do. :p

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
I got to know some folks there while working the VCDL booth at one of the first shows.

I go back to support the show and to stay in touch.
+1

Too, those of us who have lived in places where gun shows are not held often go as a show of support as much as anything else.

If we don't support the shows, there will not be shows.

That doesn't mean you have to attend all (I can't believe I actually wrote that <grin>), but it's something to think about.

Marco

imported post

You could always volunteer to work at the VCDL table.

I've been disappointed at most of the shows but I'm addicted and can't stop going.:lol:

VCDL UPDATE 09/05/2008 - Defending your right to defend yourself
We need volunteers for the Chantilly Gun Show, September
12-14.
This is the LARGEST Gun Show in the Metro D. C. area, and
helps us reach new members. Held at the Dulles Expo in Chantilly,
VA. 1000 tables of vendors and displays....the Size of 2 football
fields! Over 1-1/2 miles of guns, knives and accessories! All shifts
need help.
CHANTILLY http://www.cegunshows.com September 12-14
Friday, September 12 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 13 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 14 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Please contact our Northern Virginia coordinator at NOVAgunshows@vcdl.org
to help in Chantilly.

ufcfanvt

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
You could always volunteer to work at the VCDL table.

I've been disappointed at most of the shows but I'm addicted and can stop going.:lol:

VCDL UPDATE 09/05/2008 - Defending your right to defend yourself
We need volunteers for the Chantilly Gun Show, September
12-14.
This is the LARGEST Gun Show in the Metro D. C. area, and
helps us reach new members. Held at the Dulles Expo in Chantilly,
VA. 1000 tables of vendors and displays....the Size of 2 football
fields! Over 1-1/2 miles of guns, knives and accessories! All shifts
need help.
CHANTILLY http://www.cegunshows.com September 12-14
Friday, September 12 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 13 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 14 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Please contact our Northern Virginia coordinator at NOVAgunshows@vcdl.org
to help in Chantilly.
I highly recommend volunteering. You get in free, it's only a 4-5 hour shift (during which you have a bit of time to walk the floor, looking/buying, passing out VCDL cards) and the people you work w/ and meet at the booth are great company!
I even sold a gun to a VCDL guy I worked w/ there once. :what:

Marco

imported post

So, who is working the VCDL table?

I'm picking up a morning shift.

Volunteered prior to this thread.

Marco

imported post

$1,223 & 33 memberships...

The number of people that signed up for the email alerts are still being counted.
The show was asuccess for the VCDL.

Marco

imported post

ed wrote:
VCDL volunteers did such a great job that I almost signed up AGAIN :) We did sign up "Bullseye Brookie" as a member of VCDL now.

slight correction if you don't mind
It was a team effort.
Good to see you and other members swing by the booth on Sunday.

EDIT:
spelling