• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAC Gun Show in Monroe, WA-Worth going?

wczimmerman

imported post

Being new to the area, this gun show is touted as the "Big One" by the WAC. As I am not a member, is the show still worth checking out? I'm in the market to replenish my reloading supplies, though browsing for a sidearm for my wife is not out of the question. Will I be able to buy any reloading supplies as a non-member?

Thanks.

Trigger Dr

imported post

You can buy reloading components, but not firearms unless you are a member. The Monroe show is about 1/4 the the size of the Puyallup show. The Puyallup show in October will be the "BIG ONE"

Look for the "OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL" sign on my table. Stop and say hi.

Slugger

imported post

From time to time you can find a fair price on guns. Most of the time prices are a little on the high side IMHO. Seems to me that back in the day gun shows were made up of a bunch of gun nuts like myself. Nowadays it seems to be more gun shops at the tables. I always go if only to get my knives sharpened and pick up some ammo. Occasionally I'll find a deal. Puyallup is definitely the bigger show.

Slugger

sirpuma

imported post

The Monroe gun show is smaller than the Puyallup one, but it is more personal. I would recommend joining WAC so you can catch the few good deals on firearms. I avoid buying from dealers when I can, of course I'm also working on being a dealer myself. I'm starting a new business as a gunsmith here in the Seattle area. Once I have all my permits I'll be handing out business cards at the local gun shows and may even set up a table at them too, once I have more tooling and practice. I took and completed a professional gunsmith course from AGI (American Gunsmithing Institute).

Marcus

heatho

imported post

So... if this isn't the "big show" why are they saying that it is? Just because it will be bigger than the regular shows at Monroe?

sirpuma

imported post

Probably that. The facilities for Monroe are half the size of the Puyallup show. We'll be at the Monroe show come Sunday, need to pick up some ammo. Surplus Ammo table is the best, great guys, great deals, lots of stock.

FMCDH

imported post

Keep in mind, you cannot carry at the show by WAC policy. Not loaded, not unloaded. You can carry your gun if the slide is tied open, but you cannot carry ammo for it on your person.

Visit their show website for more details.

http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/shows.asp

Pay special attention to rules 1, 2 and 3.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

It's a worthless show.

Ammo is over priced. Mags are over priced. Guns are over priced for the most part.

Only member's can buy guns and there's no way I'm giving them my info to run a NICS check on me (which was a requirement last time I checked). That means it's not a gun show, it's a private club. And they have essentially instituted all the anti-gun rules that the gun-grabbers want to make law. They can shove it imho.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was there today.

There seems to be more ammo than in previous shows. Also there were several tables selling old beatup reloading equipment, but very few with new stuff.

I couldn't find a single Rifle or Pistol primer in the building, there were a few Shotgun primers but not many.

After over an hour wandering around I made only one purchase, a used RCBS Primer Pocket swagger to remove the crimp from Military brass.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

You can carry your gun if the slide is tied open, but you cannot carry ammo for it on your person.
You cannot carry ammo in speed loaders or magazines but a empty magazine and rounds in your pocket are ok.

FMCDH

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
You can carry your gun if the slide is tied open, but you cannot carry ammo for it on your person.
You cannot carry ammo in speed loaders or magazines but a empty magazine and rounds in your pocket are ok.
Second rule, second sentence....

"There will be no loose cartridges or loaded clips of any description near the firearms for which they are intended."

This doesn't apply to visitors?

I read this to mean that you could not be in possession of "un-sealed" ammunition.

FMCDH

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
This rule is for the firearms for sale by the table holders.
Ahhhh...

Clear as mud, but I can see how it might be intended to mean that. :?

RSO1911

imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:
It's a worthless show.

Ammo is over priced. Mags are over priced. Guns are over priced for the most part.

Only member's can buy guns and there's no way I'm giving them my info to run a NICS check on me (which was a requirement last time I checked). That means it's not a gun show, it's a private club. And they have essentially instituted all the anti-gun rules that the gun-grabbers want to make law. They can shove it imho.
So I guess I'm anti-gun now that I renewed my membership to be able to buy guns there?