• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC holster for XD45

Huck

imported post

Folks, I'm still using the not too bad but could be better holster that came with my XD45 when I bought it andI know there's gotta be something better but I've had no luck so far. Can anyone reccomend a good outside the wasteband CCholster for a XD45?

FogRider

imported post

Leather, Kydex, other? I like my Serpa but it sticks out a little far for CC. When I may need to conceal I have a Galco leather holster that works pretty good, and looks good when I OC.

peanut

imported post

It might not be what you are looking for, but the Bladetech holster is very nice fitting to the XD40 I carry. I took a shooting course that shot 500 rounds and after about 20 pulls from the stock/factory XD holster, it was binding up and it was almost as if it were made from rubber. We had the tensioner backed all the way out to the point where the bolt was out and we needed to use gun oil to get me through the class. My trainer told me about the Bladetech and that fixed everything... The stocker is junk!

MamaLiberty

imported post

Huck, I have to agree with peanut that the stock holster for the XD is junk. I don't know how an outfit can make a quality gun and then put it with a piece of.... well, you know.

I carry in a "cross draw/desk" holster from Sportsman's Guide. It rides just a tad in front of my right hip. The cant backwards keeps the gun snug into my waistline and the grip exactly in the right place for me to draw smoothly, either CC or OC. (edit - BTW, I now have a MUCH better belt for it! <G>)

rifle08.jpg

MetalChris

imported post

I have this holster for my XD-45 Service. It's relatively comfortable, but there's no way wearing a gun as thick as the XD IWB could ever be comfortable by any stretch of the imagination.

MamaLiberty

imported post

I have this holster for my XD-45 Service. It's relatively comfortable, but there's no way wearing a gun as thick as the XD IWB could ever be comfortable by any stretch of the imagination.

True, but that's not the question here. Huck asked about an OUTSIDE of waistband holster. :)

I can't imagine ANY gun being comfortable inside the waistband myself.

MetalChris

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:

True, but that's not the question here. Huck asked about an OUTSIDE of waistband holster. :)

I can't imagine ANY gun being comfortable inside the waistband myself.
D'oh! :cool:

In my defense, I only read the thread subject line, and it could've said "OWB CC Holster for XD45" and then I wouldn't have looked like a fool. Or I could've actually read the thread content before posting... :p

MamaLiberty

imported post

MetalChris -
Or I could've actually read the thread content before posting... :p

I've found that to be an excellent idea! LOL

The other day I wrote something on another forum and then discovered (after three people responded) that the original subject and post was about 3 years old!!! LOL Lots of water was under that bridge before I crossed. I'd only seen the first page... and didn't note the 10 others sitting there.

Oh well... we live and learn. And sometimes we just live a little longer. :)

Welcome to the club. :celebrate

MetalChris

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
MetalChris -
Or I could've actually read the thread content before posting... :p

I've found that to be an excellent idea! LOL

The other day I wrote something on another forum and then discovered (after three people responded) that the original subject and post was about 3 years old!!! LOL Lots of water was under that bridge before I crossed. I'd only seen the first page... and didn't note the 10 others sitting there.

Oh well... we live and learn. And sometimes we just live a little longer. :)

Welcome to the club. :celebrate
You weren't supposed to see that part! That's why it was in little font! ;)

Coelacanth

imported post

I just won a Don Hume 721 on ebay. My 4" XD .45 fits fantastic, and it really fits me well too! Really impressed with the way the gun stays next to me. I wear from about 4:00 to 3:00 btw.

Coelacanth