• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry in fire station?

freedom1776

imported post

Was reading the new AG booklet with the updated laws and i noticed now that "facilities used primarily as parking garages/shelters" is now allowed to concealed carry in these places. Well does that mean that the "facility" that we house our volunteer fire department trucks in can be carring in now????

Brian D.

imported post

That's a good question. IANAL (there, got it outta the way) but it would seem that perhaps the garage area only might be okay, if it is separate from office, living quarters, or anything else government/workplace-related.

RT48

imported post

The new laws says "government facilities" are off-limits. Here is the definition of "government facility".

(3) "Government facility of this state or a political subdivision of this state" means any of the following:

(a) A building or part of a building that is owned or leased by the government of this state or a political subdivision of this state and where employees of the government of this state or the political subdivision regularly are present for the purpose of performing their official duties as employees of the state or political subdivision;

So if this fire garage doesn't meet that definition, then it may be OK.