• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee District 20 - I need your vote Sept 9th

SixDegrees

imported post

clear.gif

clear.gif

Hello all. Occasional lurker here...I'm Phil Landowski and I'm running against Christine Sinicki in the 20th Assembly district. Running as a conservative 'JFK' democrat. I am pro-2nd Ammendment. Sinicki is not (to put it mildly).

I was endorsed by the NRA - See here

I'd appreciate your vote and anything you might be able to do to get the word out. Its gonna be a low turnout, very close race. Whoever wins the primary wins the seat - there are no Republicans running. For any outside of District 20 take a look at that link - there are actually a number of Dems who've been endorsed by the NRA.

You can read more on my platform here - http://www.Phil4TheFuture.com

Thanks again.

comp45acp

imported post

Phil, you and I have different political thoughts but I am willing to listen. Just how pro- Second Amendment are you? As you know your presidential candidate also now claims to be pro 2nd and we all know what a sad joke that is. Please spell out your views on: A permit to carry law, "Assault Rifles", semi-autos in general, the legality of open-carry in WI. Also explain how you will work against your governor and party leadership to restore liberty on this issue.

SixDegrees

imported post

I'm the real deal. I don't subscribe to party line politics, so Obama is not 'my' candidate (and neither is McCain for that matter). Fortunately most Dems here in District 20 usually vote by the issues so I have a good chance.

Permits - I understand the dilemma/paradox in that its granting a 'right' while relinquishing in some sense what is clearly granted already in the WI constitution. I'm open to learning the best stance to take, but a gut check tells me that supporting CC will allow more people to exercise their general right that otherwise wouldn't.

Gun types - The US constitutional provision is a check against rogue government. The intention was to match might with might. I'm a strict constitutionalist. ;)

Working for liberty - My role will be in support of legislation only on these issues. I was disappointed that GOA's questionnaire was all about 'introducing' legislation. That is not politically feasible in my district if I'm in it to make difference over the long term - I get enough of a rap just for wanting to hold the line on taxes.

Gotta go - busy day...

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sixdegrees please state your real name and prove your pro 2nd amendment stance by organizing an open carry rally before the elections and we will judge from there.

SixDegrees

imported post

springfield 1911 wrote:
Sixdegrees please state your real name
Hello all. Occasional lurker here...I'm Phil Landowski
Good grief. I ask for votes and I get put in a box by those outside my district. And we wonder why gun laws in WI suck.

I didn't come here to prove anything. I asked for support. If you don't want to do that - or you want to disparage that, then thank yourself when the status quo maintains restriction on your rights. I'm sick of many issues about the way Madison does things. So I decided to run. I'm not running on pro-2nd ammendment platform, but I happen to be pro-second ammendment.

If that doesn't fly with you, then continue on as usual, and send your default regards to Sinicki or Sutherland, neither of whom have any regard for Constitutional liberty.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

'SixDegrees' of Phil Landowski;

This is my take on the NRA and mine alone.

The NRA depends on infringements like licensing and permitted concealed carry and mandatory training to create a market for their training subscribers' profit. 'Money' is again the root of evil.

To me, an arch-conservative (relative anyway to the repugnant GOP) the terms 'NRA' and 'CC' are anathema to a politician.

Further, the NRA sponsored Project Exile.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

pkbites

imported post

SixDegrees wrote:
I'm not running on pro-2nd ammendment platform, but I happen to be pro-second ammendment.

Big deal. What is your position on what the Second Amendment protects?

Sarah Brady is pro-Second amendment. She just happens to believe that it only protects the right of states to raise militias.

Give detailed information on your positions on the legality of open carry, concealed carry, background checks, registration, training requirements, assault weapons and other gun bans, licensing, prohibiting firearm ownership for people who have been convicted of non-felonious violations, etc., etc., etc.

Just saying you're pro-Second Amendment impresses nobody around here. Walk the walk!

SixDegrees

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
'SixDegrees' of Phil Landowski;

This is my take on the NRA and mine alone.

The NRA depends on infringements like licensing and permitted concealed carry and mandatory training to create a market for their training subscribers' profit. 'Money' is again the root of evil.

To me, an arch-conservative (relative anyway to the repugnant GOP) the terms 'NRA' and 'CC' are anathema to a politician.

Further, the NRA sponsored Project Exile.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
I'm in complete agreement and appreciate your response. Now what would you do in my position if I were to win? Do you support legislation that will empower people (in the fundamental aspect that they will be able to carry without risk of arrest) that otherwise would not consider themselves to be empowered, or do you reject on principle and thereby contribute toward maintaining the current status quo?

...realizing (hopefully) that those of us in the know regarding what is being compromised by NRA tactics are in a very small minority? And the irony of it all would be that I would undoubtedly be falsely construed as 'anti-2nd amendment' if I refused to support on principle.:banghead:

It's for that reason that I lean to the former, provided it did not involve a change to the WI constitution. In my view this gives the most empowerment toward 'good people being armed' while still allowing for those that have the time, resources and desire to practice civil disobedience regarding municipal laws and unconstitutional statutes to continue on.

I don't claim to have 'the answer' - so I'm open to strategy, debate, and even change of mind regarding what would be the most expedient. Waxing ideological about how things should be is all fine and good, but as a potential legislator I'm interested in empowerment and getting Madison out of our face and wallets. The only realistic and proven approach is incremental. This applies to all my issues. I'm 100% for tax cuts. To run on that is utterly unrealistic. I'm pledging to hold the line. Baby steps...

Bottom line for the moment. If you have contacts in the 20th that would support someone who actually thinks about these things and will fight for 'good people being armed' - give them a call and ask them to support me with their vote. I would be grateful.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Phil - you will find there are some people here who would sacrifice verygood things on the theory that it is not their ideal situation.

But most of us understand that you can't fix everything at once, and thatitis a waste of time to try.

pkbites

imported post

pkbites wrote:
SixDegrees wrote:
I'm not running on pro-2nd ammendment platform, but I happen to be pro-second ammendment.
Give detailed information on your positions on the legality of open carry, concealed carry, background checks, registration, training requirements, assault weapons and other gun bans, licensing, prohibiting firearm ownership for people who have been convicted of non-felonious violations, etc., etc., etc.

I noticed sixdegrees did not respond and give detailed information as requested. He did post after mine, so he must have read it.

If one is going to run for office and babble that he is "pro-Second Amendment":quirky
one should be prepared to give a response, in detail, when pushed on his standings on specifics of the issues.

ALSO: Why the hell did you come in here one lousy day before the primary and ask for support? Perhaps if you came in earlier, stated and defended your positions, you'd have gotten more than 24% of the vote!

SixDegrees

imported post

I came in one lousy day before because it was an afterthought. Better late than never was my reasoning - but the response here makes me wonder.

24% of the vote after deciding 3 months ago that I would run, spending around $2K to Sinicki's untold oodles of conduit and special interest cash, and campaigning while simultaneously working to put food on the table while a 'full time' legislator and a retired lifelong Fed pound pavement all day is a result I can live with. With that trend I will win the next time because the next primary's campaign starts now AFAIC.

If you can't rationally deduce from my previous posts that I'm on your team, I'm sorry, but I have neither the time nor the patience.

At any rate best of luck to everyone - I'll be around.

Phil

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

SixDegrees wrote:
If you can't rationally deduce from my previous posts that I'm on your team, I'm sorry, but I have neither the time nor the patience.
We are not a team and we are not a resource for use as an afterthought and your 'reasoning' is mere sour-grapes. Democracy is the rule of fools by fools.

Read The Resl Nature of Politics and Politicians by Michael Rothfeld widely available on the web and at http://www.rmgo.org/alerts/RealNature.shtml

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

SixDegrees wrote:
a retired lifelong Fed pound pavement all day
I thought 'postman' but no...

http://phil4thefuture.com/?page_id=2
bachelor’s in marketing management and returned to Milwaukee shortly after graduating. I’ve held positions in both the design and management aspects of marketing communications. In 2004 I struck out on my own as a freelance contractor doing graphic design and consulting for a host of B2B companies throughout North and South America.
a manager of marketeering in the politics of access - NEW AND IMPROVED!

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Landowski tried the same thing over at Monkeyleg's bulletinboard to an even colder response - he was ignored.

I was sorry to notice familiar noms-de-net there. I wonder if they represent the same individuals here. One 'name' was familiar. I noticed a Minnesotan described as a principal of Wisconsin Patriots. Tsk tsk tsk