• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'McCain will protect Second Amendment' Walter Specht, Manitowoc,

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.htrnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080908/MAN06/809080443

McCain will protect Second Amendment

The millions who belong to the NRA and I are for the Second Amendment, which allows every citizen to bear arms for hunting and to protect our families.

Wisconsin is one of the few states that you cannot carry for self-protection. Wisconsin assemblymen have to make it a law for the safety of the people of Wisconsin.

The politicians are the only ones who can change the law. Call them today. There are more women now than ever before on the pistol ranges teaching themselves how to protect themselves and their families.

There is no indication that the framers of the amendment to the Constitution intended to enshrine the common law right of self- defense in the constitution.

Stevens from the Supreme Court was joined in dissent by justices David Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Steven Breyer.

For the majority, Scalia fired back, "It is not the role of this court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct."

This brings us to the November election for president. To the hunters and gun owners and veterans, I believe we should vote for the veteran who served our great nation and served five years in an enemy prison.

This November, with the sure bet that there will be two — perhaps three — vacancies on the Supreme Court in the near future, we face a clear choice. If Barack Obama takes the White House, he will nominate enemies of the Second Amendment.

John McCain, who served in the Senate for many years, sees justices Scalia, Alito, Roberts and Thomas as models for the kind of jurists he would appoint. They believe in the Second Amendment.

Walter Specht , Manitowoc

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wisconsin is one of the few states that you cannot carry for self-protection. Wisconsin assemblymen have to make it a law for the safety of the people of Wisconsin.
FALSE!

S.E.WI

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Perhaps 'it'? "To make a law for the safety of the people."

The legislature made the law in 1997 and the black-robed crows had gutted it in a mere five years. Write another law and they will eat it too.

[url]http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/civilrights/civilrts.htm[/url]

U.S. law enforcement officers and other officials like judges, prosecutors, and security guards have been given tremendous power by local, state, and federal government agencies—authority they must have to enforce the law and ensure justice in our country. These powers include the authority to detain and arrest suspects, to search and seize property, to
bring criminal charges, to make rulings in court, and to use deadly force in certain situations.

Preventing abuse of this authority, however, is equally necessary to the health of our nation’s democracy. That’s why it’s a federal crime for anyone acting under "color of law" willfully to deprive or conspire to deprive a person of a right protected by the Constitution or U.S. law. "Color of law" simply means that the person is using authority given to him or her by a local, state, or federal government agency.

Maybe the black-robed crows should have a few thousand complaints filed.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

S.E.WI wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:
FALSE!
Okay, I have to ask, what is FALSE about that quote?

The quote specifically states "you cannot carry for self-protection." That is FALSE! We can open carry with few restrictions in Wisconsin.

Added:

In addition, it states we "have to make a law," azlso FALSE. We don't need any more laws, we simply need LEO and the public to accept the already existing laws.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I beleive John Mccain is somewhat for the second ammendment, but what else was he for the patriot act? yes he was for it, and when the government abused their use of power he was nowhere to befound as well as many others to hold them accountable. Will he be able to do anything for wisconsin CCW I doubt but if he can good for him. If you vote for Barack Obama or John Mccain you are going to get more government involvement in your lives whether its through restrictions, healthcare or other ways, one thing they wont do however is fix the dam illegal immigration issue, relly 2 great candidates this year........ Thats why I may vote for Bob Barr he is the oneactually representing real change.

Sorry for going all political, but thats kind of the theme of this thread.

Ben:)

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It upsets me that so many people equate personal protection with concealed carry. Most of them presume that if a State does not have some provision of concealed carry that the citizens of that State have no way to use firearms to protect themselves and family. Specht says " Wisconsin is one of the few states that you cannot carry for self-protection". WRONG The name of this forum says it all. Open-Carry. Wisconsin citizens have the constitutionally protected right to carry visible firearms for security and defense. That's what all the discussion has been about for at least the past year and a half. I'm suprised more members of this forum haven't picked up on that.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing is 100% correct. We have the right to open carry for self protection and we have the law to do so. Article I section 25 of the State Constitution. "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose".

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have often been asked "where I'm comming from" during my discussions. The answer is really rather simple. I believe it's time for us citizens to use the electoral process to get "We, the people" back into control of our goverment. I am a law abiding citizen. I don't like a lot of the laws, statutes and ordinances "on the book" but being law abiding I comply with them. In exchange for my compliance I expect fair and equitable enforcement by those in authority. That is not happening.

This is a very significant and important election year. It is our opportunity to send a message to the political community that same-o, same-o doesn't cut it any more. We have to keep giving the chiken coop keys to different foxes until we can find those we can trust.