• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newport OC Gathering

jbradford1

imported post

Sorry I have been quiet for so long on this...You may have noticed I had to do some editing..remove some places, names and stuff?..I had received some disturbing news 3rd and 4th person..that made me think long and hard and after browsing through the Mt. Healthy stuff..OC'er arrested and charged w/ inducing panic...Gloves off..Game on!!! Saturday, OCTOBER 4TH, weather permitting...We WILL meet in Newport. 12 o'clock. I am working on a link up location and as soon as I find a suitable place I will post it. After I post the location..PM me your itinerary..ETA and a contact number in case your late or have an emergency etc..We should go as a group, browse, shop, have a great lunch in one of many places...definitely get some good photos.

I will post another Live Maps Tour..BTW, download the Live Maps Beta and tour in 3D.

In our PM I will disclose some info to give you a heads up on the situation..but everything should be good. Just bring your Vid camera phones, MP3/4 players.

Hope to see you there...JB..."Carry On!"

jbradford1

imported post

Newport OC cancled

Hi folks..sorry for the cancel but I have to be in Seattle WA. on the 4th of OCT. My son in law is preparing for deployment with his unit at Ft. Lewis. I will spend a few days there to help get things ready for his absence. I will then spend a couple days at Ft. Bragg. My son is home from Afghanistan..15 month deployment! We are glad he is home. I hope these deployment times get shorter and shorter..12 months is too long IMO.

We can get together another time....JB..."Carry On"

Legba

imported post

My dad was in WWII overseas for 3 years, with one return visit home for a family medical emergency. They told him when he shipped out that the only ways he would ever go home again were death or victory, so 12-15 month rotations could be much worse... Glad to hear your kid (in-law) is ok, and best wishes in that regard.

As for OC walks and such, I still have at least a month before I can legally participate in any such thing, and even then, I work 6 days a week, so I don't expect to be able to attend most of them. Let us know, in any case, if this gets resurrected in some form.

-ljp