• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man shots dogs not chaged

CTHunter

imported post

Sry about that, here it is

Shelton (WTNH) -- It's a senseless and sad night for a man still trying to understand the death of his beloved Pug.

"They were jumping on me and I think it ended somewhere over here," Mike Majewski, of Shelton said.

Majewski shows News Channel 8 the spot in his Shelton back yard where a neighbor's two Pit Bulls attacked his dog Buster.

The 5-year-old Pug died from his injuries. Now, plans are underway to lay the dog to rest here.

"I got his favorite toys and bones and made a little coffin for him," Majewski said. "I got to pick him up in a while to bury him. It's probably going to be the hardest thing in my life."

It's been hard for Poncho, too, Majewski's other Pug who survived the attack.

But, Buster was special. It was his first pet and a big part of Majewski's life as seen in the countless photos.

Buster dressed for a day at the beach or in black tie for a special event.

Majewski tried to save his Pug, jumping into the fray. It ended only when Majewski pulled out a gun and shot both Pit Bulls.

Cox: What did you do right here?
Majewski: This is where I was holding my dog and they saw my other dog and I grabbed my gun. And, I just started firing...until I unloaded everything right into them."

The two, injured Pit Bulls have been quarantined by animal control.

Majewski doesn't want the animals allowed back into the neighborhood.

"I don't think an animal that is that vicious should be alive -- either of them," he said.

Majewski is a licensed gun owner and wasnot charged since police told him he was acting in self-defense.

The fate of the Pit Bulls still has to be determined.

MGoduto

imported post

JUMPMASTER wrote:
He may not have been charged but I bet he will get his pistol permit revoked.
I'd hope that isn't the case. If thefellow was in his yard, and the pit bulls came into his yard and attacked, it seems to be a 'common-sense' conclusion that the dogs (and their owner) are at fault, and his response to the attack is reasonable.

It should be the owner of the pit bulls that gets his ass hauled off to jail.

I like dogs, but I don't like dog owners who don't keep their pets under control.

mg

GoldCoaster

imported post

MGoduto wrote:
JUMPMASTER wrote:
He may not have been charged but I bet he will get his pistol permit revoked.
I'd hope that isn't the case. If thefellow was in his yard, and the pit bulls came into his yard and attacked, it seems to be a 'common-sense' conclusion that the dogs (and their owner) are at fault, and his response to the attack is reasonable.

It should be the owner of the pit bulls that gets his ass hauled off to jail.

I like dogs, but I don't like dog owners who don't keep their pets under control.

mg
Hear Hear... I love dogs, and growing up my family had 3 English Staffordshire bull terriers which are the smaller versions of the American Staffordshire (aka pit) bull terriers. Trained and treated well these are the best dogs, I used to roughhouse with all of them and never once was I bitten in anger.

My wife got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel which is very cute but a small dog. I've been bitten by this little bugger twice, both times out of anger (that I was bothering him while he ate - which I broke him of that habit since I don't need a neice or nephew getting bitten if they pet him when he's got a chew or something).

So there you have it, it's not the breed it's the owner. If the pit's owner didn't have the dogs under control and they came into the yard and killed one of his dogs that pretty much clinches it for me.

If the same thing happened in my yard the results would probably be similar.

I feel bad for the guy who lost his favorite pug through no fault of his own, that's very sad.

GC