• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Inspiring

jbradford1

imported post

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

.. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do... And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Excerpts taken from – Our Deepest Fear, by Marianne Williamson

jbradford1

imported post

I had been reading in post from the States..several folks had aversions to anyone OC'ing if it seemed to upset the un armed...I guess the thought was along the lines of, "Why make them uneasy"? There are discussions like this on almost every State I browsed.

I just thought the poem...chopped up to fit the context here, would help explain why some of us refuse to shrink ourselves down so that others feel comfortable. Instead we actually use our rights..if not for anything else.. to keep them from being taken away. I was thinking of something to put on the KY Gun Rights Pamphlet that might inspire/explain why OC"ing is important. That night..watching the movie Coach Carter, a student quoted this poem. I sat up in bed...ran to the computer and found the poem. It inspired me! I hope it inspires others not to shrink so that others wont feel uncomfortable but to stand w/the Law on your side and shine..when you OC to the gas station or store people do notice..they talk about it at home..search the web on it..look for you whenever they are at the place they first saw you. I have had Baggers ask me where my gun was? (I was CC'ing for another reason)but my point is brought out by the Poem by Mrs./Miss Williamson. Let your 2nd Amendment Rights shine....Thanks...JB..."Carry On"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Poetry, prose, bumper sticker, billboards, activism or quite support - whatever it takes and whatever works for you. We must all do our part. Collectively, we are a major force. Individually, you could be left swinging in the breeze......... unless you are Danibus!

Yata hey

Mack 12ga.

imported post

I like the Poem, right from the start I acquainted it to Mnt Jacks dilemma at the Obomanation gathering,

I to thought it was well written and could sum up what we are all trying to do.

"" SHINE ""

And to show others that its all right not to be afraid to defend your self and the ones that you care about.