Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding another firearm to your CCW

Post imported post

i'm lobbying the wife for another handgun (springfield xd9 sc) before or on Christmas. of course, i'd love to get it on my CCW so i can carry it...does anyone else have multiple firearms on their CCW? if so, how did you add them and how easy was it?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Get blue card, get an instructor to certify that you can shoot it. :-) Go down to CCW detail with letter from instructor and $$.

That's basically it.

Post imported post

The fee was $25 for changes/additions, not sure if that is still the case.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

bobernet wrote:
    Get blue card, get an instructor to certify that you can shoot it. :-) Go down to CCW detail with letter from instructor and $$.

That's basically it.
    i take it, i can do this all in one shot...

do i have to wait for an updated card before i can carry it?

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    i'm lobbying the wife for another handgun (springfield xd9 sc) before or on Christmas. of course, i'd love to get it on my CCW so i can carry it...does anyone else have multiple firearms on their CCW? if so, how did you add them and how easy was it?
    You already have an XD9 Service on your permit, right? If so, you won't have to put the subby on your permit. The permit lists Manufacturer (Springfield), Model (XD), and Caliber (9mm), but does not care about barrel length. I had the instructor clarify on this since I have 2 xd40's (also service and subby).

Post imported post

AnakinsKid wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    You already have an XD9 Service on your permit, right? If so, you won't have to put the subby on your permit. The permit lists Manufacturer (Springfield), Model (XD), and Caliber (9mm), but does not care about barrel length. I had the instructor clarify on this since I have 2 xd40's (also service and subby).
    aaaah, you are right luke...i checked my permit...no mention of serial # either.

Post imported post

I don't know how some sheriffs are getting away with charging a fee to "add-a-gun."

NRS 202 is very specific and does not allow for charging a fee for this purpose.

Many sheriffs (mine included) do not charge a fee. You simply take the certification form to the sheriff and it is added to your file. It isn't like the sheriff's office is expending time and $$$ when you add a gun.

But, you say, "It has to be added to the back of your permit." No, it doesn't. You can have an infinite number of handguns on your permit. There is not room for a great number.

This will all be moot if we are successful in getting "Any Semi Auto" added to the law (replacing make/model/caliber for autos) in the 2009 legislative session. There was only one person in the whole world that opposed such legislation in 2007 - Assemblyman Bernie Anderson from Washoe County, Chairman of the Assembly Judiciary Committee. Support and vote for Ron Longin to replace Bernie!

Post imported post

technically, if i am buying the same gun (just shorter barrel), it's interchangable with the one i already carry, right? so i would not need to add it to my carry card, just have my blue card.

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    technically, if i am buying the same gun (just shorter barrel), it's interchangable with the one i already carry, right? so i would not need to add it to my carry card, just have my blue card.
    Yes, as long as it is the same make/model/caliber.

Post imported post

varminter22 wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    Yes, as long as it is the same make/model/caliber.
    it is, just the sub compact model (3'' barrel)

Post imported post

I called the fingerprint bureau and asked them the same thing. They don't distinguish between compact and fullsize so you're good to go.

Post imported post

ooh yeah!

Post imported post

AnakinsKid wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    I'm going out and buying an XD40 subcompact right now!(I already have a service model)

Post imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
    AnakinsKid wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    I'm going out and buying an XD40 subcompact right now!(I already have a service model)
    pick me up the SC9 while your at it buddy!

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    Sheepdawg wrote:
    AnakinsKid wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    I'll just have the Gun Store put it on my tab.

Post imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    Sheepdawg wrote:
    AnakinsKid wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    your headin to the Gun Store on Trop?

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    Sheepdawg wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    Sheepdawg wrote:
    AnakinsKid wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:
    your headin to the Gun Store on Trop?
    Yeah, I usually shop there because they don't ask me to disarm and their prices are good.

Post imported post

i work right down the road from that place. their prices are good, but i don't like the sale staff. I may still buy my next heater from there though.

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    i work right down the road from that place. their prices are good, but i don't like the sale staff. I may still buy my next heater from there though.
    I'm heading there right now.

Post imported post

i wish i could meet ya there...darn work!

let me know how much the SC9's are :celebrate

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    i wish i could meet ya there...darn work!

let me know how much the SC9's are :celebrate
    I'm the proud owner of a new XD40 subcompact bi-tone.(thats the one with the stainless steel satin finish slide)I rule!:celebrate The XD9 sc are going for $547.00 before tax and background check.

Post imported post

congrats man...pics? mine is a bi-tone...super sexy.

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    congrats man...pics? mine is a bi-tone...super sexy.
    I would post some picks, but I'm not that good with computers and technology and such. But I'm working on it. And your right...super sexy

mdgary

Post imported post

Buds gun shop $461.00 delivered (I don't know if this is exactly what you want)

but it's an XD9sc

Post imported post

mdgary wrote:
    Buds gun shop $461.00 delivered (I don't know if this is exactly what you want)

but it's an XD9sc
    Looks just like my 40. I think I paid $499 at Bargain Pawn (new). I highly recommend getting the Pearce Grip Extension for the subcompacts. It doesn't add much length to the grip for CCW, and makes the grip much more comfortable (to me at least). I can't line up for a second shot as quickly without it, since my pinky doesn't fit on the regular grip. I have these on all my subcompact mags.

$7.50 at pistolgear.com, fits both 9mm and .40sw
    http://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail...PGA&cat=41

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast