• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adding another firearm to your CCW

yeahYeah

imported post

i'm lobbying the wife for another handgun (springfield xd9 sc) before or on Christmas. of course, i'd love to get it on my CCW so i can carry it...does anyone else have multiple firearms on their CCW? if so, how did you add them and how easy was it?

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Get blue card, get an instructor to certify that you can shoot it. :) Go down to CCW detail with letter from instructor and $$.

That's basically it.

Marco

imported post

The fee was $25 for changes/additions, not sure if that is still the case.

yeahYeah

imported post

bobernet wrote:
Get blue card, get an instructor to certify that you can shoot it. :) Go down to CCW detail with letter from instructor and $$.

That's basically it.
i take it, i can do this all in one shot...

do i have to wait for an updated card before i can carry it?

AnakinsKid

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
i'm lobbying the wife for another handgun (springfield xd9 sc) before or on Christmas. of course, i'd love to get it on my CCW so i can carry it...does anyone else have multiple firearms on their CCW? if so, how did you add them and how easy was it?
You already have an XD9 Service on your permit, right? If so, you won't have to put the subby on your permit. The permit lists Manufacturer (Springfield), Model (XD), and Caliber (9mm), but does not care about barrel length. I had the instructor clarify on this since I have 2 xd40's (also service and subby).

yeahYeah

imported post

AnakinsKid wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
You already have an XD9 Service on your permit, right? If so, you won't have to put the subby on your permit. The permit lists Manufacturer (Springfield), Model (XD), and Caliber (9mm), but does not care about barrel length. I had the instructor clarify on this since I have 2 xd40's (also service and subby).

aaaah, you are right luke...i checked my permit...no mention of serial # either.

varminter22

imported post

I don't know how some sheriffs are getting away with charging a fee to "add-a-gun."

NRS 202 is very specific and does not allow for charging a fee for this purpose.

Many sheriffs (mine included) do not charge a fee. You simply take the certification form to the sheriff and it is added to your file. It isn't like the sheriff's office is expending time and $$$ when you add a gun.

But, you say, "It has to be added to the back of your permit." No, it doesn't. You can have an infinite number of handguns on your permit. There is not room for a great number.

This will all be moot if we are successful in getting "Any Semi Auto" added to the law (replacing make/model/caliber for autos) in the 2009 legislative session. There was only one person in the whole world that opposed such legislation in 2007 - Assemblyman Bernie Anderson from Washoe County, Chairman of the Assembly Judiciary Committee. Support and vote for Ron Longin to replace Bernie!

yeahYeah

imported post

technically, if i am buying the same gun (just shorter barrel), it's interchangable with the one i already carry, right? so i would not need to add it to my carry card, just have my blue card.

varminter22

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
technically, if i am buying the same gun (just shorter barrel), it's interchangable with the one i already carry, right? so i would not need to add it to my carry card, just have my blue card.
Yes, as long as it is the same make/model/caliber.

yeahYeah

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
Yes, as long as it is the same make/model/caliber.

it is, just the sub compact model (3'' barrel)

shotdown

imported post

I called the fingerprint bureau and asked them the same thing. They don't distinguish between compact and fullsize so you're good to go.

Sheepdawg

imported post

AnakinsKid wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
I'm going out and buying an XD40 subcompact right now!(I already have a service model)

yeahYeah

imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
AnakinsKid wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
I'm going out and buying an XD40 subcompact right now!(I already have a service model)
pick me up the SC9 while your at it buddy!

Sheepdawg

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
Sheepdawg wrote:
AnakinsKid wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
I'll just have the Gun Store put it on my tab.:cool:

yeahYeah

imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
Sheepdawg wrote:
AnakinsKid wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
your headin to the Gun Store on Trop?

Sheepdawg

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
Sheepdawg wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
Sheepdawg wrote:
AnakinsKid wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
your headin to the Gun Store on Trop?
Yeah, I usually shop there because they don't ask me to disarm and their prices are good.

yeahYeah

imported post

i work right down the road from that place. their prices are good, but i don't like the sale staff. I may still buy my next heater from there though.