• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Houston, TX Area Bill Board Campaign Starts Today!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks, Lori, our spokesmodel, has found an awsome location and deal for our SECOND bill board - in Houston near where Lori lives.

But it get's better - for only $2,000 we can get the vinyl created AND 2 full months of bill board advertizing.

Please go to http://www.opencarry.org/houston.htmland give today - we need the money before i can authorize Lori to signt eh contract as our authorized Houston agent for OpenCarry.org.

NOTE: If you give (in one gift) $10 you will gain the "activist member" moniker; $100 get's you "Founders Club" status.

Let's Roll! The sooner we get it up, the sooner we can plan an event in the Houston area.

LynnS

imported post

:question::question::question::question::question::question:
I just did $10 without reading the whole message. I'll send another $90 if it will give me the $100 "Founders Club" status as I don't think I can cancel the $10 in PayPal unless you can refund it. Let me know before I do it please.:question:

My husband and I are planning on moving to TX in 18 months so we're just laying the ground work (getting involved) so to speak.

Thanks,
Lynn

mrrga25

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
mrrga25 wrote:
The check for 100$ went into the mail today...Sorry about the boycotting of PAY_PAL...
Thanks, this does delay things, but...hey John, where are we at on this? Can you date the Houston Lori-meter.

I went ahead and did it through Pay-Pal since I did not have to open an account. Now back to my boycott..LOL

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Wahoo! Looks you guys came thru on the Houston bill board!

Lori - go ahead and execute that contract and I can pay them - let's discuss by email as this goes forward.

Folks - take a look at all three fund raiser Lori-Meters - you will see deadlines on each Lori-meter indicating when we need certain funds and by when - as you can see, it looks like we are OK for now on the Houston bill board and Austin Taxis, but by 1 OCT we need another $725 or so for the I-35 bill board (they need us to fund contrat extensions 4 weeks ahead of time). So that is the next target to fund - I-35 billboard by 1 OCT, see http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.htmlto pay now. Thanks!

NOTE: We have over 9,000 OCDO members - many of whome have donated repeatedly, and some of you have donated paid anything at all. Please consider paying at least $10 and your moniker will be updated to "Activist Member."

The $100 one time contribution makes you an elite"Founder's Club Member."

Once we have progress in Texas, retoring open carry in the remaining 5 states will be much much easier, as will enforcing your righ tto open carry in other states.

mrrga25

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Do we know what area that the billboard will go up at? I am a houston resident and would like to go take pictures when it is up.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Thanks to all that participated in Bullsye Brookie's digital voice recorder raffle at Red Hot and Blue in Leesburg, VA today. Tess's husband won it. We had $40.00 left over so that will be sent to OCDO Billboard fund from us all.

Ed