Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State Capital House of Rep’s/MOC meet and greet.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

House of Rep’s meet and greet.

GOA Michigan Representative Paul Garfield has arraigned a House meet and greet.

The Date has been set (all subject to change) for Tuesday Sept. 23. Representative Opsommer and Representative Garfield will sponsor the MOC in an introduction to the House and later we will meet in a conference room at lunch-time with any representative that would like to learn more about OC. MOC will give a presentation on open carry in Michigan. A question and answer session will take place after the talk. Food and beverages might be provided.

Times and agenda will be coming soon. We will also have more instructions on parking, locations, etc.

We would like to have as many members, their families, and their friends that can to show up for this. This will be a great chance to show the House our solidarity as well as for many of you to visit with your local Reps and develop relationships. I know that for many a Tuesday meeting will be difficult as you have jobs, etc. But those that can come please do.

If you think you can make it please post a response saying so. This is a very exciting time for OC in Michigan you are all taking part in history.

Thank you, Brian

Capital and Parking maps

Parking will cost money in downtown Lansing. Meters are located along most streets in Lansing; some are for 8 hrs some only for two hours, check meter before paying. In addition there are a few ramped and surface lots. The closest Ramp is right across from the Capital (but it is privately owned and they do have no weapons signs, including CPL holders, so park at your own risk there.). The surface lot to the SW of the Capital is close and probably the easiest to find and park (I think all day (8 hrs) is less than $10.).

Lansing is pretty easy to get around in, but they do have a few one-way streets, so be mindful of that. Also this will be during the week and it will be busy downtown (State employees abound). Also for those that have young kids, The Historical Museum is highly recommended. It’s only two blocks west of the Capital and gives a wonderful historical overview of Michigan, and it’s free.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Count me in. If i have to walk, I'll be there.

Would also like to suggest we start putting together carpools.

Post imported post

I may be able to show up, work allowing.

Post imported post

If I can swing getting off work I will be there, I'll let you know

Post imported post

I was really looking forward to attending, but that's the last day of classes before finals

Post imported post

Will do my best to be there, looking forward to meeting some of you .

Post imported post

Dear Members:

WE NEED YOU NOW more than ever. This Capitol event is a BIG opportunity that very few groups get to have. We will have the undivided attention of the House of Representatives. This is more important than any picnic, email to police chiefs, newspaper articles, etc. This is the big time. We have to have a good showing of at least 40 people (more hopefully) or Paul may decide to cancel it.

WE NEED PEOPLE TO SHOW UP. This is a part of history, a history that you can say you help make. If you have to take vacation time, sick leave, if you have to take a plane, train, bus, or automobile, even if you have to walk, crawl, hitch-hike, or beg for a ride, please show up. Now is not the time to be shy, or waffle on standing up for your rights, you have all shown what you can do in the name of firearm rights, let us not let this great opportunity slide by.

Sign up on this tread and let us know if you plan on attending. Bring the family, make a day of it. Because if you can make it but decide not to show up, you’ll regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Now, lets do it!

Cheers,

Brian Jeffs

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

TOOK THE DAY OFF, WILL BE THERE MY NAME IS TIM

Post imported post

dreamer669 wrote:
    TOOK THE DAY OFF, WILL BE THERE MY NAME IS TIM
    Thanks you Tim, and welcome.

Post imported post

I burned a vacation day and will be there with my 13 and 9 y/o daughters. Pulling them out of school for the day, because I consider this an educational field trip for them. Should be educational for the politicians as well, because I plan to invite them to ask my kids anything they want to. I feel that is better than a politician thinking they know how kids feel about guns, their parents who own/carry (CC or OC), etc.

Indeed, this IS a very important day for everyone to consider attending.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Sign me up Ven.

*S*

Post imported post

I might be able to swing it. Kinda playing with the idea of pulling my 16 yr old out of school and bringing him along, too. I mean, how often do you get a chance like this?

Any idea yet as to the time of day this shindig might get started??

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Me +1

Post imported post

I'll be there! Do I have to wear a shirt with sleeves on it?

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Don't forget the coat and tie!!!

Post imported post

Why, will there be a funeral or a wedding after?:P

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

Why, will there be a funeral or a wedding after?:P
    Either way it could be a party.

Post imported post

So far we have:

Warlockmatized +2
    Warchild (wear sleeves)
    Dreamer669
    DanM and his two children.
    Azebolsky
    Dougwg +1
    Venator +1
    Paul GOA Rep.

Possibly attending????:
    uv30 +1
    nikon1123

A good start but we need 3X’s that number. Tell your friends and family to attend as well. At least come for the complimentary lunch! We need to give the Capital staff a rough number so they can get passes and reserve a conference room. This will be a great life experience.

Post imported post

EDIT: myself + 2

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Nothing against Warchild here, but a good update might be something along the lines of a dress code? Nice slacks, button down shirt, tie? Barring any of that(I realize to some it might not be available), a clean, pressed pair of jeans, your nicest(sleeved) t-shirt(sorry, cheap jab), and clean socks. Also, will we be carrying? :shock:

*S*

Post imported post

Put me down as a tentative acceptance. Not sure if I can get the day off. Also, a dress code would be nice. What should we wear? Regular daily garb or dress like we're politicians?
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

azebolsky: No cheap jab, I take it all in fun. This is a double edged sword though. On one hand we're supposed to be a cross section of the armed public. On the other hand given the venue, we should/could dress casual/nice for the day. I was only kidding about the sleeves. I plan on a plain dress shirt and dress jeans, but I go no where without my hat!

Also, if we are going armed, where are we to leave our weapons when going into the chambers? Will we be required to lock them in our vehicles or are they going to have a system set up for us to "check" them?

And (supprised me) the best part of my life is comming with me! :celebrateShe thinks it's cool and will be exciting for her. So it's me +1!

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Hey guys sorry I have been away for a little bit here. There's been a lot of last minute planning and such going on for the wedding this month not to mention job hunting, and in laws staying with us. So I will basically be M.I.A the rest of this month. I will however attend this historic moment. Also, since I plan to run for state representative in the future this will be a great learning experience in more ways than one. Put me on the confirmed list.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Also, if we are going armed, where are we to leave our weapons when going into the chambers? Will we be required to lock them in our vehicles or are they going to have a system set up for us to "check" them?
    I was wondering that also.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

Add me to the list, too, Venator. I'm looking forward to it.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast