• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Capital House of Rep’s/MOC meet and greet.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

House of Rep’s meet and greet.

GOA Michigan Representative Paul Garfield has arraigned a House meet and greet.

The Date has been set (all subject to change) for Tuesday Sept. 23. Representative Opsommer and Representative Garfield will sponsor the MOC in an introduction to the House and later we will meet in a conference room at lunch-time with any representative that would like to learn more about OC. MOC will give a presentation on open carry in Michigan. A question and answer session will take place after the talk. Food and beverages might be provided.

Times and agenda will be coming soon. We will also have more instructions on parking, locations, etc.

We would like to have as many members, their families, and their friends that can to show up for this. This will be a great chance to show the House our solidarity as well as for many of you to visit with your local Reps and develop relationships. I know that for many a Tuesday meeting will be difficult as you have jobs, etc. But those that can come please do.

If you think you can make it please post a response saying so. This is a very exciting time for OC in Michigan you are all taking part in history.

Thank you, Brian

Capital and Parking maps

Parking will cost money in downtown Lansing. Meters are located along most streets in Lansing; some are for 8 hrs some only for two hours, check meter before paying. In addition there are a few ramped and surface lots. The closest Ramp is right across from the Capital (but it is privately owned and they do have no weapons signs, including CPL holders, so park at your own risk there.). The surface lot to the SW of the Capital is close and probably the easiest to find and park (I think all day (8 hrs) is less than $10.).

Lansing is pretty easy to get around in, but they do have a few one-way streets, so be mindful of that. Also this will be during the week and it will be busy downtown (State employees abound). Also for those that have young kids, The Historical Museum is highly recommended. It’s only two blocks west of the Capital and gives a wonderful historical overview of Michigan, and it’s free.

Venator

imported post

Dear Members:

WE NEED YOU NOW more than ever. This Capitol event is a BIG opportunity that very few groups get to have. We will have the undivided attention of the House of Representatives. This is more important than any picnic, email to police chiefs, newspaper articles, etc. This is the big time. We have to have a good showing of at least 40 people (more hopefully) or Paul may decide to cancel it.

WE NEED PEOPLE TO SHOW UP. This is a part of history, a history that you can say you help make. If you have to take vacation time, sick leave, if you have to take a plane, train, bus, or automobile, even if you have to walk, crawl, hitch-hike, or beg for a ride, please show up. Now is not the time to be shy, or waffle on standing up for your rights, you have all shown what you can do in the name of firearm rights, let us not let this great opportunity slide by.

Sign up on this tread and let us know if you plan on attending. Bring the family, make a day of it. Because if you can make it but decide not to show up, you’ll regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Now, lets do it!

Cheers,

Brian Jeffs

DanM

imported post

I burned a vacation day and will be there with my 13 and 9 y/o daughters. Pulling them out of school for the day, because I consider this an educational field trip for them. Should be educational for the politicians as well, because I plan to invite them to ask my kids anything they want to. I feel that is better than a politician thinking they know how kids feel about guns, their parents who own/carry (CC or OC), etc.

Indeed, this IS a very important day for everyone to consider attending.

uv830

imported post

I might be able to swing it. Kinda playing with the idea of pulling my 16 yr old out of school and bringing him along, too. I mean, how often do you get a chance like this?

Any idea yet as to the time of day this shindig might get started??

Venator

imported post

So far we have:

Warlockmatized +2
Warchild (wear sleeves)
Dreamer669
DanM and his two children.
Azebolsky
Dougwg +1
Venator +1
Paul GOA Rep.

Possibly attending????:
uv30 +1
nikon1123

A good start but we need 3X’s that number. Tell your friends and family to attend as well. At least come for the complimentary lunch! We need to give the Capital staff a rough number so they can get passes and reserve a conference room. This will be a great life experience.

azebolsky

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I'll be there! Do I have to wear a shirt with sleeves on it?:uhoh:

Nothing against Warchild here, but a good update might be something along the lines of a dress code? Nice slacks, button down shirt, tie? Barring any of that(I realize to some it might not be available), a clean, pressed pair of jeans, your nicest(sleeved) t-shirt(sorry, cheap jab:D), and clean socks. :lol: Also, will we be carrying? :shock:

*S*