Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama OK's guns at schools

Post imported post

When he took his daughters to school guess what he told them?

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. — Who knew Secret Service agents were so handy for parents of elementary school kids?

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, taking questions from an Indiana crowd Saturday, called on a 5th grade teacher. Noting that his 10-year-old daughter, Malia, is starting the 5th grade, he asked: "Any tips? What should I be waiting around for?"

Someone called out, "boys."

"What!" Obama exclaimed in mock horror, as the audience laughed. "Hold on a sec. Maybe that home-schooling is all right. One reason I have to win here is so that I've got Secret Service around my girls at all times. They carry guns."

Malia might not be getting any play dates soon.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/con...lay_Obama.html

Banned

Post imported post

PT111 wrote:
    They carry guns.

Arrest those criminals.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    PT111 wrote:
    They carry guns.

Arrest those criminals.
    No no, we are all equal!

Some are just more equal than others.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

PT111 wrote:
    One reason I have to win here is so that I've got Secret Service around my girls at all times. They carry guns."
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/con...lay_Obama.html
    Clearly this statement shows that Obama believes that guns are necessary to protect his family. He seems somewhat less enthusiastic about my need to keep and bear arms to protect my family. I wonder why his family has more value than mine.

Oh, I'm not equal enough. Thanks hsmith.

Post imported post

so his daughters are more important then the other kids/teachers.... so much for being a man of the people.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

From humor sometimes the true nature is revealed.

Post imported post

I'll refrain from the majority of my adjectives for Mr. Obama and just leave it at elitist jerk.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I'll refrain from the majority of my adjectives for Mr. Obama and just leave it at elitist jerk.
    Elitist Jerk:syn., Lambda Chi

YITB,

CS

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My question to Obama would be this.

"Why are his kids entitled to be protected by armed quards while they are in school and noone elses kids are?"

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

"Why are his kids entitled to be protected by armed quards while they are in school and noone elses kids are?"
    Maybe, just throwing this out there, because he is an elitist jerk?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Banned

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

A better question is why no one would ever publicly call him out on his statement. Hell, I'm sure no one even noticed it.

Post imported post

Just another absurd look in to Obama-lama-ding-dongs reality.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    PT111 wrote:
    They carry guns.

Arrest those criminals.
    No no, we are all equal!

Some are just more equal than others.
    Hey I think you are on to something. A gun grabber parody using Animal Farm!
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Hey I think you are on to something. A gun grabber parody using Animal Farm!
    :P

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:

A better question is why no one would ever publicly call him out on his statement. Hell, I'm sure no one even noticed it.
    Well, given that the vast majority of the media is working overtime to get Obama elected I wouldn't expect him to be called out no matter how hypocritical or absurd his comments.

Post imported post

what I find ridiculous is his ideas concerning "Sportsmens issues"
    Sportsmen
    Barack Obama did not grow up hunting and fishing, but he recognizes the great conservation legacy of America's hunters and anglers and has great respect for the passion that hunters and anglers have for their sport. Were it not for America's hunters and anglers, including the great icons like Theodore Roosevelt and Aldo Leopold, our nation would not have the tradition of sound game management, a system of ethical, science-based game laws and an extensive public lands estate on which to pursue the sport. Obama recognizes that we must forge a broad coalition if we are to address the great conservation challenges we face. America's hunters and anglers are a key constituency that must take an active role and have a powerful voice in this coalition.
    http://www.barackobama.com/issues/additional/#sportsmen
    PROTECTING GUN RIGHTS
    Respect the Second Amendment: Millions of hunters and shooters own and use guns each year. Barack

Obama believes the Second Amendment creates an individual right, and he respects the constitutional rights of

Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase,

own, transport, and use guns
    (found under the "whole plan" link

so we should only be "entitled" to guns for "sporting purposes" ( which doesn't include self defense, and he is adamantly opposed to CCW) meanwhile HE is entitled to guards with semi auto "assault rifles", the same type that he wishes to ban?

Post imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
    So we should only be "entitled" to guns for "sporting purposes" ( which doesn't include self defense, and he is adamantly opposed to CCW) meanwhile HE is entitled to guards with semi auto "assault rifles", the same type that he wishes to ban?
    (Sorry, small text hurt my eyes.) :P
    Hitler had the same entitlements andthe SS was his bodyguard. And IIRC, hunting was still permissable in Nazi Germany, so the Nazis and Obama have another thing in common when it comes to Fudds.

Post imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
    unreconstructed1 wrote:
    So we should only be "entitled" to guns for "sporting purposes" ( which doesn't include self defense, and he is adamantly opposed to CCW) meanwhile HE is entitled to guards with semi auto "assault rifles", the same type that he wishes to ban?
    (Sorry, small text hurt my eyes.) :P
    Hitler had the same entitlements andthe SS was his bodyguard. And IIRC, hunting was still permissable in Nazi Germany, so the Nazis and Obama have another thing in common when it comes to Fudds.
    honestly, it would be unfair to throw this argument squarely against Obama, as they are all guilty of the same thing. the Clintons practiced this hypocrisy, as does Bush. McCain practices it as well. Once you "redirect" the 2nd as a "Sportsmans" ammendment, you essentially concede your point. the 2nd mmendment is no more about "sporting" as the 1st is about music lyrics. both were drafted to ensure that we retained power over our servant, the FED, and both have had their teeth yanked out by that same government.

Post imported post

I'm actually curious what the procedure would be if there was an active shooter at a school where an elected official's kid was protected by the Secret Service? Obviously if a shooter entered the room where the SS are they'd put the shooter down, but what if it was somewhere else in the school? Would the SS just whisk the protectee out the back or into a safe room, or would they go try and stop the shooter?

I hope a lot of gun questions/issues are raised during the debates. I'd love to see how the candidates respond to the issues ofarmed teachers, CC, OC, and "assault weapons."

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

I bet these SSagents carry revolvers...

Post imported post

The mostpathetic thing I took from his comment was that he was implying that it was 5th grade boys that would be shot. Good God; in other words, his little daughter's classmates! That had to have set well for the parents of the boys in her class.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Centurion

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    I bet these SSagents carry revolvers...
    Well, Yes, they do... but ONLY in DC.

JoeSparky
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

You guys absolutely do not get it.

COMMONSENSE gun laws means "It's okay as long as they protect me. To hell with you."

The most pathetic thing I took from his comment was that he was implying that it was 5th grade boys that would be shot.
    This is not the first time that Obama has made a comment about how he thinks guns should be used. Didn't he make a remark earlier to the effect that he wouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast