• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama OK's guns at schools

PT111

imported post

When he took his daughters to school guess what he told them?

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. — Who knew Secret Service agents were so handy for parents of elementary school kids?

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, taking questions from an Indiana crowd Saturday, called on a 5th grade teacher. Noting that his 10-year-old daughter, Malia, is starting the 5th grade, he asked: "Any tips? What should I be waiting around for?"

Someone called out, "boys."

"What!" Obama exclaimed in mock horror, as the audience laughed. "Hold on a sec. Maybe that home-schooling is all right. One reason I have to win here is so that I've got Secret Service around my girls at all times. They carry guns."

Malia might not be getting any play dates soon.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/shared-gen/ap/Presidential_Elections/Political_Play_Obama.html

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

PT111 wrote:
One reason I have to win here is so that I've got Secret Service around my girls at all times. They carry guns."
http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/shared-gen/ap/Presidential_Elections/Political_Play_Obama.html

Clearly this statement shows that Obama believes that guns are necessary to protect his family. He seems somewhat less enthusiastic about my need to keep and bear arms to protect my family. I wonder why his family has more value than mine.

Oh, I'm not equal enough. Thanks hsmith.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
My question to Obama would be this.

"Why are his kids entitled to be protected by armed quards while they are in school and noone elses kids are?"
Maybe, just throwing this out there, because he is an elitist jerk?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

"Why are his kids entitled to be protected by armed quards while they are in school and noone elses kids are?"

A better question is why no one would ever publicly call him out on his statement. Hell, I'm sure no one even noticed it.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

A better question is why no one would ever publicly call him out on his statement. Hell, I'm sure no one even noticed it.
Well, given that the vast majority of the media is working overtime to get Obama elected I wouldn't expect him to be called out no matter how hypocritical or absurd his comments.

unreconstructed1

imported post

what I find ridiculous is his ideas concerning "Sportsmens issues"
Sportsmen
Barack Obama did not grow up hunting and fishing, but he recognizes the great conservation legacy of America's hunters and anglers and has great respect for the passion that hunters and anglers have for their sport. Were it not for America's hunters and anglers, including the great icons like Theodore Roosevelt and Aldo Leopold, our nation would not have the tradition of sound game management, a system of ethical, science-based game laws and an extensive public lands estate on which to pursue the sport. Obama recognizes that we must forge a broad coalition if we are to address the great conservation challenges we face. America's hunters and anglers are a key constituency that must take an active role and have a powerful voice in this coalition.
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/additional/#sportsmen
PROTECTING GUN RIGHTS
[align=left]Respect the Second Amendment: Millions of hunters and shooters own and use guns each year. Barack[/align]
[align=left]Obama believes the Second Amendment creates an individual right, and he respects the constitutional rights of[/align]
[align=left]Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase,[/align]
[align=left]own, transport, and use guns[/align]
(found under the "whole plan" link

[align=left]so we should only be "entitled" to guns for "sporting purposes" ( which doesn't include self defense, and he is adamantly opposed to CCW) meanwhile HE is entitled to guards with semi auto "assault rifles", the same type that he wishes to ban?
[/align]

AnaxImperator

imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
So we should only be "entitled" to guns for "sporting purposes" ( which doesn't include self defense, and he is adamantly opposed to CCW) meanwhile HE is entitled to guards with semi auto "assault rifles", the same type that he wishes to ban?
(Sorry, small text hurt my eyes.) :p
Hitler had the same entitlements andthe SS was his bodyguard. And IIRC, hunting was still permissable in Nazi Germany, so the Nazis and Obama have another thing in common when it comes to Fudds.

unreconstructed1

imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:
So we should only be "entitled" to guns for "sporting purposes" ( which doesn't include self defense, and he is adamantly opposed to CCW) meanwhile HE is entitled to guards with semi auto "assault rifles", the same type that he wishes to ban?
(Sorry, small text hurt my eyes.) :p
Hitler had the same entitlements andthe SS was his bodyguard. And IIRC, hunting was still permissable in Nazi Germany, so the Nazis and Obama have another thing in common when it comes to Fudds.
honestly, it would be unfair to throw this argument squarely against Obama, as they are all guilty of the same thing. the Clintons practiced this hypocrisy, as does Bush. McCain practices it as well. Once you "redirect" the 2nd as a "Sportsmans" ammendment, you essentially concede your point. the 2nd mmendment is no more about "sporting" as the 1st is about music lyrics. both were drafted to ensure that we retained power over our servant, the FED, and both have had their teeth yanked out by that same government.

Orygunner

imported post

I'm actually curious what the procedure would be if there was an active shooter at a school where an elected official's kid was protected by the Secret Service? Obviously if a shooter entered the room where the SS are they'd put the shooter down, but what if it was somewhere else in the school? Would the SS just whisk the protectee out the back or into a safe room, or would they go try and stop the shooter?

I hope a lot of gun questions/issues are raised during the debates. I'd love to see how the candidates respond to the issues ofarmed teachers, CC, OC, and "assault weapons."

...Orygunner...