Thread: Iowa resident with an Iowa PTC

Post imported post

I am an Iowa resident who travels to SD regularly on business and also to visit relatives. I know SD honors the Iowa permit, THANK YOU SOUTH DAKOTA, but is open carry allowed under your law for an out of stater with a permit?

I normally prefer concealed carry but sometimes it would be simpler just to use one of the OWB holters. Especially with the P229 Elite, which is a bit more difficult to conceal well.

Post imported post

As a South Dakota resident I can tell you that open carry is legal in our state with or without a permit. Anyone can carry openly here as long as you have not been convicted of a felony or are classified in some way that prohibits otherwise.

Post imported post

Thanks for the information.
    Now I know I can open carry in Louisiana, Minnesota and South Dakota if I feel like it. (I've been researching other states that I travel through.)

I also have a Utah non resident permit.

Good deal.

Post imported post

You can also open carry in Georgia with your reciprocal license. Just watch out for our obnoxiously long places off-limits list. Perhaps they will be mostly gone by next July 1 :celebrate