• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

School outing man carrying a gun (me) walked by.

LaVere

imported post

School outing man carrying a gun. (me) walked by

I went to my usual Hamburger joint in town. I have carried open there before. Today I got more looks than usual but no said a thing and neither did I. Later I took my dogs for a walk at Kelly lake in Burton. Some of you know that place. I walk my dogs often there. I still had my Sig p229 on the hip and a Mag holder. As I was getting out of the car I saw a lot of High school kids with nets and around the edge of the lake.

Four or five of the girls saw my Golden retriever and my other black dog. They came running over wanting to pet the dogs and that was fine with me and my dogs love it.
2839969975_d5619d162f.jpg

same dog different season same location.

I'm sure the kids saw the gun but no one said anything. We went our separate ways and on the way back I thought I should take some picture of the kids collecting bio samples for their class.

Well you see I'm a retired photographer and I can't get over the impulse to take pictures. Now all of the student and I assumed the teacher were in one small area.
Well I decided it was better to take the picture than open carry at that time so I put the p229 away and brought out the sony camera. I had fun and the school got nice pictures. I'll have other times to open carry. My pleasure my choice.

2843298285_d933938b9f.jpg