• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AK in Utah???

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You can only bring it if you are planning on shooting it. No safe queens are allowed ;)
Coyotes are not protected and do not require a license. Rabbits vary depending on what kind. Jacks are good to go.

ainokea

imported post

icode wrote:
Thanks. Hey, one other question... Can I hunt coyotes and or jackrabbits there, w/o a permit or license?
I know you do not need a license to hunt jackrabbits. I am not sure about coyotes but I will look into it.

ScottyT

imported post

The only way AKs can be brought into the state is if they are left with me for the mandatory 6-month waiting period! :celebrate

Bring it, shoot it, invite me!

Coyotes and Jacks are good to go, need a license for Cottontails.

icode

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
The only way AKs can be brought into the state is if they are left with me for the mandatory 6-month waiting period! :celebrate

Bring it, shoot it, invite me!

Coyotes and Jacks are good to go, need a license for Cottontails.
Thanks Scotty. I'll be in Pine Valley the first weekend of October come on down:celebrate

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Yes, we love evil rifles!

utahelevatedlogo.gif

scorpioajr

imported post

icode wrote:
Thanks. Hey, one other question... Can I hunt coyotes and or jackrabbits there, w/o a permit or license?

i recently contacted the Division of Wildlife Resources and they told me that the Coyote is NOT protected.

It is 110% legal to shoot, kill, skin, or eat (if you so wish) Coyotes WITHOUT a permit.

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

colormered wrote:
"It is AMAZING how much that elk looked like a coyote....... I just can't believe the resemblance!"
Yeah, those mutant dogs must be getting big and growing horns from all of the waste going out west. Shoot at the big ones first. Especially if they bugle back trying to pretend to be like an elk.