• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wichita open carry has "loop holes"

youngun45

imported post

I am an unlucky one who can own a firearm..but because of a juvineil non-person, non-violent felony took his CCW course and paid my $250 but was denied. So i said fine I will open carry since state law says i can. But as we know Wichita city code say that you cannot not open carry a "loaded weapon". So if you carry without one in the pipe...as goes the legal term "loaded"...or if there is no mag in the gun...you are not violating any city code. So I am gonna practice my right to bear arms (with limitations) starting tomarrow. If i get arrested...its lawsuit time!

TechnoWeenie

imported post

If you're a convicted felon, mere POSESSION of a firearm is against the law.

Comp-tech

State Researcher

youngun45

imported post

like i said it was a juvy offence....and i have paperwork from the FBI that says in black and white that i can own a firearm. they also sent me my rap sheet wich has that felony right on it. so they know i had the offense. but it was not a adult felony so i'm good. it only keeps me from obtaining my concield carry permit...because of Kansas disqualifing factors...if i lived in some other states i could get one. Which is crap...I can own a gun and open carry where permitted..but i can't CC. I also like how our government has now acknowledged our 2nd Ammendment right as an "individual" right so long as you are in your home. Does no one know what "bear" means???

tfb5701

imported post

This isn't something I know much about but I believe that some states let people who don't live in that state get a CCW permit from that state. Find one of the states that will allow you to get a CCW with your record and without being a citizen of that state and get a CCW. However, you'll have to make sure its a state that kansas approves of its CCW. Im sure someone who knows more about this can step in and explain it. For some reason I thought Utah was one but im not sure.

99sparks

Huntington Beach, CA & Topeka, KS, Kansas, USA
imported post

tfb5701 wrote:
This isn't something I know much about but I believe that some states let people who don't live in that state get a CCW permit from that state. Find one of the states that will allow you to get a CCW with your record and without being a citizen of that state and get a CCW. However, you'll have to make sure its a state that kansas approves of its CCW. Im sure someone who knows more about this can step in and explain it. For some reason I thought Utah was one but im not sure.
Be advised "An out-of-state concealed carry licensee from a state recognized by the state of Kansas must: 1) be a resident of the state where the license was issued:..."http://www.ksag.org/files/shared/conceal.carry.reciprocity.pdf