• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gangbanger logic.

Prometheus

imported post

TheCiscoKid wrote:
i'm not sure how old you and your friend are, but that mentality that he's describing is NOT how things are today. ganbangers dont empty a gun on someone and "hope they dont hit someone." they play the game for real. at least here in LA, if they shoot at someone, it's to kill them, not to scare them or as some exhibition of manhood.

but i do agree that it all starts with these idiots thinking that they have something to prove. they're all terrified of looking like punks.

i was in never in a gang, but i grew up in rough parts of northern and southern california and i was around the ganster mentality all the time.
+1

Maybe the guy the OP is talking about is in his 50's but today they WANT to kill someone if they start shooting. Nothing raises there 'cred' better than shooting, let alone killing someone.

Zero regard for life or anyone.... except themselves. Especially the gangs coming up from central and south America.

AnaxImperator

imported post

Prometheus wrote:
Maybe the guy the OP is talking about is in his 50's but today they WANT to kill someone if they start shooting. Nothing raises there 'cred' better than shooting, let alone killing someone.

Zero regard for life or anyone.... except themselves. Especially the gangs coming up from central and south America.

Exactly....

And I've been hearing &reading a lot about a trend among gangbangers (MS-13 & Mexican Mafia members particularly), who instead of being "jumped" in by fellow 'bangers, simply have to go out and commit a violent crime to earn membership. And one of their favorite things to do drive around withothergangbangers (witnesses); then either slash/stab, or shoot an innocent pedestrian or driver and speed off.

When I was living in Detroit attacks like that happened often; drive-bys or stabbings committed for no particular reason upon people just waiting for a bus or at a stoplight. Of course, the news stations & papers never did detailed reports of such crimes (unless it resulted in death)and if they were reported, it'd be a 2-3 sentence blurb buried on page 12 or the 11pm news. I had a police-scanner then, and I heard a LOT of things that weren't fed to the media or that wasn't interesting enough.

That's what has me on edge now; not a mugging or robbery, but some gangbangers coming at me for their initiations as I'm going about my business.... or tweakers invading my home looking for a quick buck, pharmacuticals, stuff to pawn, or because they're justinsane from meth.

And contrary to those who have the opinion that it's best to just give up my money/belongings to a BG, especially if he's got the drop on me, I'm not going to lay down just because I'm at a disadvantage.... or because he'll be incited to violence because of my resistance. I carry for a reason..... and now I have kevlar that'll even out the odds a little more, just in case.

cREbralFIX

imported post

icode wrote:
AnaxImperator wrote:
Yup. Level IIIA concealable, which will be here soon. And I've got my old Army flak-jacket, which is also Lvl-3, IIRC.
Nice, my wife won't quite let me order armor - YET;)

The armor is more important than a third gun.