• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC Greenhorn from Spokane

GOGearTactical

imported post

Hay all, I was pointed in your direction by another buddy here on the forum (esstac) and I have to say you all are doing a great job.

I've been living here in Spokane for 3 1/2 years ( Moved from the SF east bay of CA... NOT ANOTHER ONE FROM CA!! I know, I know, go ahead and give me crap, I know its coming:D ) and I have to say I really do love WA without a doubt since I'm able to exercise MOST my rights here,unlike CA. Before I came here I thought CC & OC was only in the movies and stories told to children to give them false hope that the constitution really does exist and as Americans we have rights even if your not LE.

Today was my first OC, I walked to my mail box which is about 350 yards away and is on a pretty busy street ( bowdish ) . Now I know that doesn't seem like much but remember I'm a guy who was raised in a state where they say the only reason why you need a sidearm for is if your a gang member or plan on robbing someone so OC is VERY alien to me.

I don't know if this has even been brought up on the forums and if so I'm very sorry. Now Im only 5'5" & 125 pounds ( Huge I know, get it all the time LOL ) so CC is pretty hard for me even if I had a 1 round darringer. When I try and CC my 226 9mm it bulges my shirt pretty bad, so unless I wear a sweater in the summer time or over sized clothes ( so I would look like a "thug" or "trouble maker" now:quirky ) it really wouldn't be CC as everyone would know I have a sidearm. I know there are other sidearms out there that would work better for CC but I don't want "those other sidearms" I want my 226 not a 225 or a revolver, ect.. so I guess you could say I will be OCing from now on by default do to my body size. So now the question I would like to ask you guys is " Am I right to want a weapon I feel comfortable with in all aspects and trust or should I just deal with it and buy a weapon that I may not like just so I can CC it? "

Many Thanks,

Paul

Triple Tap

imported post

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome:celebrate....Just dont bring any of your liberal friends from the Republic of California please. :D

I wouldnt want them changing my life for me.

GOGearTactical

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome:celebrate....Just dont bring any of your liberal friends from the Republic of California please. :D

I wouldnt want them changing my life for me.
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Ohh and no worries, I was told to burn and or toss away any Liberal Item's including stow aways and or friends (refure to sec: 3 article: 12 of the " leave that patouli s#^t in CA " Law) at the state border :D

David.Car

imported post

I carry a 226 9mm as well, what da ya know.

Anyways, for concealed carry, I love this: http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=95

Works great, extremely comfortable, able to buy shells for other guns down the line.

Another note on the 226, do you have any of the newer (3-4 months old) Mec Gar mags? 18 round flush fit for the 9mm. Takes you to 18+1 capacity.

GOGearTactical

imported post

David.Car wrote:
I carry a 226 9mm as well, what da ya know.

Anyways, for concealed carry, I love this: http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=95

Works great, extremely comfortable, able to buy shells for other guns down the line.

Another note on the 226, do you have any of the newer (3-4 months old) Mec Gar mags? 18 round flush fit for the 9mm. Takes you to 18+1 capacity.

Right on, thanks for the heads up on the holster. Is there any place in spokane that you could point me too that might have one, or even better a place that has a selection of concealable holsters that I could test out before buying?

Negative on the 18+1 but I did just look them and and the price is great, Ill be putting a few of them on my to buy list :)

thanks again.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GOGearTactical wrote:
Hay all, I was pointed in your direction by another buddy here on the forum (esstac) and I have to say you all are doing a great job.

I've been living here in Spokane for 3 1/2 years ( Moved from the SF east bay of CA... NOT ANOTHER ONE FROM CA!! I know, I know, go ahead and give me crap, I know its coming:D ) and I have to say I really do love WA without a doubt since I'm able to exercise MOST my rights here,unlike CA. Before I came here I thought CC & OC was only in the movies and stories told to children to give them false hope that the constitution really does exist and as Americans we have rights even if your not LE.

Today was my first OC, I walked to my mail box which is about 350 yards away and is on a pretty busy street ( bowdish ) . Now I know that doesn't seem like much but remember I'm a guy who was raised in a state where they say the only reason why you need a sidearm for is if your a gang member or plan on robbing someone so OC is VERY alien to me.

I don't know if this has even been brought up on the forums and if so I'm very sorry. Now Im only 5'5" & 125 pounds ( Huge I know, get it all the time LOL ) so CC is pretty hard for me even if I had a 1 round darringer. When I try and CC my 226 9mm it bulges my shirt pretty bad, so unless I wear a sweater in the summer time or over sized clothes ( so I would look like a "thug" or "trouble maker" now:quirky ) it really wouldn't be CC as everyone would know I have a sidearm. I know there are other sidearms out there that would work better for CC but I don't want "those other sidearms" I want my 226 not a 225 or a revolver, ect.. so I guess you could say I will be OCing from now on by default do to my body size. So now the question I would like to ask you guys is " Am I right to want a weapon I feel comfortable with in all aspects and trust or should I just deal with it and buy a weapon that I may not like just so I can CC it? "

Many Thanks,

Paul

ME:Oooo who is this strange being from a far awayland? Welcome.

You: I come from the the ROC theRepublic of California. I heard I can receive my constitutional rights to own and bare armsin your land.

Me: Your constitutionalrightsare indeed honored in our land. You can carry on, now go in peace and enlighten more of your kind of this free land.

:D

I totally understand how you are still apprehensive to OCbeing that you come form Cali, being that you were in bondage for so longit canreally effects one's mind. But you are doing right by taking small steps first. to get use to your freedom, when you go to one of the meetings in your area then the lights may turn on about carry here in WA.

TheGood thing about WA is if you can't CC then you can OC:lol:

David.Car

imported post

GOGearTactical wrote:
Right on, thanks for the heads up on the holster. Is there any place in spokane that you could point me too that might have one, or even better a place that has a selection of concealable holsters that I could test out before buying?

Negative on the 18+1 but I did just look them and and the price is great, Ill be putting a few of them on my to buy list :)

thanks again.
If you hadn't already ordered the mags, check out "top gun supply" they usually have great prices, are real quick on the shipping, and will keep you informed along the way.

Anyways, there are no places in town where you can check out the MTAC... except for me I guess ;) The holster is made to order (usually takes a week before ready for shipping). As for places you can check out holsters in town... Don't really have an answer for you...

The General Store, and White Elephant do have holsters, but they are pretty much all of the lower level mass produced simple stuff (lot of Uncle Mikes). I know Sharp Shooting has some more but I can't suggest them because they do not allow OC... and they are a gun range...

You might want to try the gun show coming up. I believe it is on the 27th and 28th this month.

Shy_Panda

imported post

We finally are having a gun show I can go to?:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate I am thinking we might have to have a Sept meet up that weekend.

By the way, welcome to the forum. And don't worry about the fact that your first OC was to the mail box... it doesn't matter the duration of your first experience with freedom, merely that you HAD an experience with freedom. Good luck to you in your future endevors and hope to meet you at one of the get togethers.