Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry In The Wilderness?

Post imported post

This says it all!

Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

Hmmm, ANY carry is especially good for those of us who could not (under any circumstances) even climb the tree!
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
    Hmmm, ANY carry is especially good for those of us who could not (under any circumstances) even climb the tree!
    Believe me. If Mr. Griz was coming at you, you WOULD GET UP THE TREE!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Post imported post

That's about as likely as me outrunning a lightning bolt or a freight train.

Luckily, I do carry a .45 autoloader and I know how to use it.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ODA 226, if those had been my boots in your photo they would have been soppin' wet. Awesome post.

[code]

Post imported post

cccook wrote: [quote]ODA 226, if those had been my boots in your photo they would have been soppin' wet. Awesome post.

LMAO!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Post imported post

Obviously because if you're OCing the bear will see the gun and choose to leave you alone, because bears would rather find an easy victim.

I was on the river bank one day, OCing like I always do, when the river bank teller got this really suprised look! I asked her what was wrong, and she said a bear just walked in behind me with a ski mask on, butlooked at me, saw my gun, and ran back out the other way! Proof at last that OC deters bears!

A squirrel saw me OCing in the woods and asked me why I carry a gun. I said, "holy crap! a talking squirrel!" Thento answer, I shot the squirrel, and ate him!

To address the statement in the poster's caption that firearms are more useful than a camera: Not for McGuyver. He could build a bear snare, a bear tranquilizer,a bear hypnotizing machine or a jetpack using a 35mm (or digital!) camera, a shoestring, chewing gum, and the bear's own mucus. The only problem is, he needs you to distract the bear while he does it.

...Hope you have a gun...
    ...Orygunner...

(This post was intended to be sarcastic and humorous. Not to be taken seriously. No offense intended, except to bears (MOLON LABE, SMOKEY T. BEAR!!)Eerie similarities to the events described and real life events was not unintentional. OK, yes it was, and I hope you found it funny. Void where prohibited by bears.)

Post imported post

Not a view of a grizz I would ever want to see in person.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Orygunner wrote:
    Obviously because if you're OCing the bear will see the gun and choose to leave you alone, because bears would rather find an easy victim.

I was on the river bank one day, OCing like I always do, when the river bank teller got this really suprised look! I asked her what was wrong, and she said a bear just walked in behind me with a ski mask on, butlooked at me, saw my gun, and ran back out the other way! Proof at last that OC deters bears!

A squirrel saw me OCing in the woods and asked me why I carry a gun. I said, "holy crap! a talking squirrel!" Thento answer, I shot the squirrel, and ate him!

To address the statement in the poster's caption that firearms are more useful than a camera: Not for McGuyver. He could build a bear snare, a bear tranquilizer,a bear hypnotizing machine or a jetpack using a 35mm (or digital!) camera, a shoestring, chewing gum, and the bear's own mucus. The only problem is, he needs you to distract the bear while he does it.

...Hope you have a gun...
    ...Orygunner...

(This post was intended to be sarcastic and humorous. Not to be taken seriously. No offense intended, except to bears (MOLON LABE, SMOKEY T. BEAR!!)Eerie similarities to the events described and real life events was not unintentional. OK, yes it was, and I hope you found it funny. Void where prohibited by bears.)
    ROFL at this entire post.

...I'm usually packing heat when tromping around in the woods. If you're going to carry in the urban jungle, why wouldn't you in the forest?

Post imported post

OC is certainly preferable in this case due to quicker draw. However, situational awareness is the real key because if the bear is that close to you by the time you notice, it may be too late to even draw in time.

Post imported post

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle530819.ece

Story:
    Grizzly climbs tree and kills Jogger.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I open carry even when cutting grass......

Post imported post

Where can I get a lawn mower like that, I went to Sears and they don't sale lawn mowers with that accessory. Damn the luck !!:shock:

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

LOL TheMrMitch.

Come here Mr. Gopher... you little varmint.

Post imported post

Another critter you may find and need protection. I put this lil feller (over 4 feet) under my cabin.:shock:

Post imported post

Holy Crap Mr Mitch! - I hope you're touching that after you emptied the entire magazine into it.

Post imported post

Here's one that was found on a golf course in Harlan KY. This is why I carry when I play golf. The guy killed it with his two iron which means you have to get way to close to this beast. :shock:

Post imported post

zrukman wrote:
    Holy Crap Mr Mitch! - I hope you're touching that after you emptied the entire magazine into it.
    Nah. I handle all kinds of snakes....milk rattlers for fun and then eat them. I putthis one under my cabin.....no more mice.

Post imported post

Ohhhhh. That one is a beauty! Good eatin' too!

Post imported post

I bet timber rattler tastes like chicken! Mmmmmmm!

Post imported post

We go from wilderness to golf courses? :?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

BG's stalk hikers and campers in the wilderness too.

Post imported post

Yeah... lotta hikers... 'n a few campers I've read about. Women mostly. More women should carry. 911 won't do ya any good in the boonies... even in not-really-wilderness woods 'n stuff.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

I would have thought a chipping wedge would have been a better choice.

Activist Member

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Yeah... lotta hikers... 'n a few campers I've read about. Women mostly. More women should carry. 911 won't do ya any good in the boonies... even in not-really-wilderness woods 'n stuff.

911 in the city isn't much better. It relies on you surviving for 5-10 minutes before they get there, and 5 minutes is a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast