• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Open Carry In The Wilderness?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Yeah... lotta hikers... 'n a few campers I've read about. Women mostly. More women should carry. 911 won't do ya any good in the boonies... even in not-really-wilderness woods 'n stuff.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Yeah... lotta hikers... 'n a few campers I've read about. Women mostly. More women should carry. 911 won't do ya any good in the boonies... even in not-really-wilderness woods 'n stuff.

911 in the city isn't much better. It relies on you surviving for 5-10 minutes before they get there, and 5 minutes is a long time.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
And dialing 911 on your cell phone (provided that you can get a signal) won't get you any help fast either. Especially if you can't tell the operator where you're at. Telling them that your somewhere off a hiking trail in Yellowstone National park won't cut it.

Claymore

imported post

zrukman wrote:
I bet timber rattler tastes like chicken! Mmmmmmm! :cool:
Yes, somewhat. I've eaten it sun-dried, salted with a C-rat salt packet and a touch of Tabasco on it. Kept me going.;)

I carry open when hunting for a coup de grace, if needed.

I haven't had to yet.