• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preferred Carry?

dbernor

imported post

Just wondering what everyone's personal preferred carry sidearm is?

Mine is the Ruger P97D in .45 ACP.

76065980.ZT1GUEpv.Ruger45.jpg

Slide is Blued, not steel on mine.

I love this sidearm, rugged, simple break down, accurate.

JUMPMASTER

imported post

I lovemy Taurus Ultra Lite model 85. In the summer it drops right in my shorts pockets with a pocket holster. I like to carry a Beretta 92FS but it can get rather big and bulky. My makarov is a great carry gun for its size. Hopefully when this declatory ruling goes through and every police department will know it is lawfully to carry openly in CT I can start carrying open more with out fear of illegal arrest and seizure of my permit. I would hate to wait almost 2 years to get it back and go through the expense of suinga localPD and/or the state. I was thinking of carrying a small laminated version of the OLR that was recently issued.

GoldCoaster

imported post

My baby.... It's the M&P 45 and I really like the pistol, never thought I'd say that about a Smith and Wesson but it's a very well put together piece of kit.

I'm a southpaw so the ambi safety is good as is the LH mag release swap. I don't have the mag safety (can fire with mag removed) nor the internal key lock thingy.