• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to this forum & Just saying hello!

rottman43055

imported post

Hello,

As a CCW holder and member of OFCC,I've grown increasingly annoyed with the treatmentopen carriers receiveby the police here in Ohio.

Now 2 or 3 days a week, I OC, armed not only with my full sized xd.45 on my hip, but my back pocket stuffed with gun rights info I give to anyone who asks about the gun.

Brian D.

imported post

Hello. Guess I could figure it out on my own from the zip code (?) in your username, but what part of Ohio do you hail from? I'm a Cincy-area denizen myself. I plan on going to the Northwood Ohio open carry meetup on Sept. 20th. Being willing to travel 200 + miles each way to stand up for our rights, obviously I'm in agreement with ya. Welcome.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome! I no longer live in Ohio, but I know exactly what you're talking about.

Brian D.

imported post

Ohio Patriot wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
I plan on going to the Northwood Ohio open carry meetup on Sept. 20th.
Brian D.: Have you thought about catching a ride with Pops Fun? He's also from Cincinnati. He has one extra seat available in his truck.
No, not really. I'mpossibly going to make a mini-vacation out of it--trip up to Michigan, at least as far as Cabela's, or maybe over to Put-In-Bay for a few days prior if the weather cooperates.

rottman43055

imported post

Hi guys,

Its nice to be on a new forum & also see some framiliar names from OFCC.

The unity of the pro gun folks is great.

I

While I'll still probably CC the majority of the time, I have to say, I'm getting very comfortable with OC & it has definately opened up more chances to talk to people about the 2nd amendment.