• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first encounter OCing!

yeahYeah

imported post

On my lunch break, i took my wife's car to get an emissions inspection. I was OCing..went to 711 while waiting, etc, etc... i cam back and there was a woman ahead of me. She looked at me a few times, saw my side arms, but said nothing.

I'm sitting down waiting my turn and she goes "Ok, i gotta ask! Why do you have a gun?"

Me: It's an open carry state! :celebrate

Her: YES! awesome!

I was like...huh? :what:She does a radio show and talks often about gun rights, etc.

Nice experience. I told her that most people just look at me and stare at my sidearm and you're the first who has ever said anything.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Congratulations! That's the kind of encounter you want as your first one.

(Prepares you for the ones that aren't as pleasant :))

yeahYeah

imported post

Tess wrote:
Congratulations! That's the kind of encounter you want as your first one.

(Prepares you for the ones that aren't as pleasant :))
your avatar...where did you get that? a gun store by me has that on the outside wall with a trash can underneath it.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm told it's hard to read on this forum -- it says "Save time. Deposit your guns here." So yeah, it belongs above a trash can (or my gun safe <grin>).

I can't find it now (copied it to my drive), but I was searching for this and the other came up. It seemed appropriate enough.

AnaxImperator

imported post

Is this the original?

obamaguns.jpg

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen "meh" used here a couple of times and it just ricocheted of my skull both times. Can someone bring me up to speed? Please?

madcapmag

imported post

cccook wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen "meh" used here a couple of times and it just ricocheted of my skull both times. Can someone bring me up to speed? Please?

Meh....

Sorry.. couldn't resist! Its like saying "Eh... lets not bother because its not worth it" in a totally We're too lazy type of way.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks madcapmag. Direct hit.

And yeah...you got me.

I think it may be a difference in dialect. I use the form "nyeh" but I think it's the same.

FogRider

imported post

cccook wrote:
Thanks madcapmag. Direct hit.

And yeah...you got me.

I think it may be a difference in dialect. I use the form "nyeh" but I think it's the same.
Yeah, it's the sound you make when you just don't care. "Meh" is the standard (if there is such a thing) for the rest of the internet.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg