Thread: House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform

Post imported post

It's interesting that gun owners are being lumped in the category of terrorists.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...=moreheadlines

Additionally, the quote I love is: "Imagine how difficult it will be for law enforcement to safeguard the public, not to mention the new president at the inaugural parade, if carrying semi-automatic rifles were to suddenly become legal in Washington," the chief told the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

1. DC has demonstrated in many court cases that they have no obligation to safe guard the public.

2. Assuming that no guns 'existed' in DC would that mean they [DC cops] would just assume everyone's unarmed and not ever train for that possibility?

3. Armed legal citizens are not a threat to the republic - they are what the founders intended vice a standing military.

4. It's interesting that she uses an emotional arguement since facts and case law don't support her case.

5. 'Suddenly becoming legal' won't change the fact that bad people do bad things and that there are many people in DC that do those bad things. Nothing changes here except that good people can now protect themselves from bad people.

I think I could go on but I think I'm just preaching to the choir. Have fun reading the article.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Notice how shrilly Chief Lanier opposes the proposed changes. Perhaps it is because the changes will reveal how poorly she has done her job. The Emperor wears no clothes.

Post imported post

"Imagine how difficult it will be for law enforcement to safeguard the public, not to mention the new president at the inaugural parade, if carrying semi-automatic rifles were to suddenly become legal in Washington," the chief told the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

The DC police hav'nt been able to protect the public from anything! So how would this make the crime situation worse? Answer; It would'nt.

This is just more of the "blood in the streets!" crap that the antis always bleat about whenever honest citzens aint disarmed and helpless, and which have never come true. Hell, the "blood in the streets!" has only happened in places like D.C. and Chicago, where only criminals are armed.

BTW, this should tell folks what Chief Lanier's opinion of the good people of D.C. is when shebelieves that as soon as they can arm themselves they're going to go on shooting sprees.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Xeni wrote:
    Additionally, the quote I love is: "Imagine how difficult it will be for law enforcement to safeguard the public, not to mention the new president at the inaugural parade, if carrying semi-automatic rifles were to suddenly become legal in Washington," the chief told the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
    Well by all means Chief Lanier, let's disregard the constitution so the President can have a parade. Does she right her own material?

Post imported post

cccook wrote:
    Xeni wrote:
    Well by all means Chief Lanier, let's disregard the constitution so the President can have a parade. Does she right her own material?
    Probably.

Post imported post

"Look at all the stars, patches and shiny stuff on my uniform. That should count for something!!" whined Chief Lanier as she tried to explain why the United States Constitution should not apply in and around the very seat of the United States government and in proximity to the very people who have sworn to uphold said Constitution from all enemies, foreign or domestic.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Now, we all know that every citizen of DC is going to start slinging a long gun on their shoulder to do their dailey errons, .......riiiiight?

How many of us would want to do that, really? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Post imported post

Chief Lanier is a puppet of Mayor Fenty.

He hired her and will fire her if she doesn't totally agree with him.

If you talk to the rank and file and the head of the DC Police Union you'll get a different perspective on how most of the police in DC view the citizens RKBA.

It's sad that the big citypolice chiefs in this country have allowed themselves to beused to subjugatethe citizenry by their elitist chief executives.

Post imported post

At least someone finally mentioned the "Terrorists aren't likely to buy weapons legally so this isn't even a point." part of the argument.