• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry In Louisiana

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Here it is, guys. I put this together this evening, and welcome feedback and additions. I understand that small bits of the information on the page are editorial in nature, and that different people have different views. However, as far as I know, it is the best all-on-one-page resource currently available.

Open Carry In Louisiana

imported post

Micah,
In the Advocate's article, some so-called "law professor," Donald North, claims the law requires you to keep weapons in your vehicle visible. At least that's MY understanding of his comments. Of course, as an extension of your home, that's absolutely absurd.
Where can I get me a hat like yours?

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Actually, I already correspond with one of the professors there (who wrote the recent bill to allow CCW in schools). I was going to email him when I get a chance and ask him to clear the man up.

Pro OC Cop

imported post

Nice site! By the way, the Law Professor left me scratching my head with his comment about weapons having to be visible in a vehicle.

Dustin

imported post

Pro OC Cop wrote:
Nice site! By the way, the Law Professor left me scratching my head with his comment about weapons having to be visible in a vehicle.

B/c it's a load of Crap.

I could see them pushing that for those States that do not honor your vehicle as an extention of your home.

charlie12

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Micah,
In the Advocate's article, some so-called "law professor," Donald North, claims the law requires you to keep weapons in your vehicle visible. At least that's MY understanding of his comments. Of course, as an extension of your home, that's absolutely absurd.
Where can I get me a hat like yours?
Yep the "law professor" is stupid. Where did he get that "stuff" ? :cuss:

imported post

Just a thought from the peanut gallery----you might want to include R.S. 14:46 and 14:46.1 in there. If someone does get arrested for OC, it might behoove them to know exactly what law the arresting officer is breaking, at least for use down the road in a lawsuit and/or demand for prosecution of the officer.

(And lest anyone accuse me of LEO bashing, I assure you I only bash the ones who cannot be bothered to know the law---I am a New Orleans police officer.)

[align=justify]§46. False imprisonment [/align]

[align=justify]False imprisonment is the intentional confinement or detention of another, without his consent and without proper legal authority. [/align]

[align=justify]Whoever commits the crime of false imprisonment shall be fined not more than two hundred dollars, or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both. [/align]

[align=justify][/align]

[align=justify]§46.1. False imprisonment; offender armed with dangerous weapon [/align]

[align=justify]A. False imprisonment while armed with a dangerous weapon is the unlawful intentional confinement or detention of another while the offender is armed with a dangerous weapon. [/align]

[align=justify]B. Whoever commits the crime of false imprisonment while armed with a dangerous weapon shall be imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not more than ten years. [/align]

[align=justify]Added by Acts 1982, No. 752, §1. [/align]

[align=justify][/align]

http://http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78542

[align=justify]http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78543[/align]

imported post

OK, my internet-fu is weak today it seems, as I cannot for the life of me get the first link to work right---but if you go to the second one and click "previous section" at the top left, it will take you right to the first one.

imported post

14:26:

[align=justify]§26. Criminal conspiracy [/align]
[align=justify]A. Criminal conspiracy is the agreement or combination of two or more persons for the specific purpose of committing any crime; provided that an agreement or combination to commit a crime shall not amount to a criminal conspiracy unless, in addition to such agreement or combination, one or more of such parties does an act in furtherance of the object of the agreement or combination. [/align]
[align=justify]If the intended basic crime has been consummated, the conspirators may be tried for either the conspiracy or the completed offense, and a conviction for one shall not bar prosecution for the other. [/align]
[align=justify]B. Whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit any crime shall be fined or imprisoned, or both, in the same manner as for the offense contemplated by the conspirators; provided, however, whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit a crime punishable by death or life imprisonment shall be imprisoned at hard labor for not more than thirty years. [/align]
[align=justify]C. Whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit any other crime shall be fined or imprisoned, or both, in the same manner as for the offense contemplated by the conspirators; but such fine or imprisonment shall not exceed one-half of the largest fine, or one-half the longest term of imprisonment prescribed for such offense, or both. [/align]
[align=justify]Amended by Acts 1977, No. 538, §1. [/align]