• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry In Louisiana

imported post

And, for the codification of "ignorance of the law is no excuse," we have R.S. 14:17

[align=justify]§17. Mistake of law [/align]
[align=justify]Ignorance of the provision of this Code or of any criminal statute is not a defense to any criminal prosecution. However, mistake of law which results in the lack of an intention that consequences which are criminal shall follow, is a defense to a criminal prosecution under the following circumstances: [/align]
[align=justify](1) Where the offender reasonably relied on the act of the legislature in repealing an existing criminal provision, or in otherwise purporting to make the offender's conduct lawful; or [/align]
[align=justify](2) Where the offender reasonably relied on a final judgment of a competent court of last resort that a provision making the conduct in question criminal was unconstitutional. [/align]

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Is 46.1(A) considered a felony?
The reason I ask is I am about to go before a grand jury on that very matter.

Not to pry, but if you can answer, I'm curious as to whether you are facing this charge, or whether you are pressing this charge.

imported post

Sweet!!!

I am dying to get a good suit and/or criminal conviction on something like this.

It would give my words a heck of a lot more weight when trying to educate/advise idiot officers and supervisors if I could add a reference to someone losing their job and going to jail to the legal part of the advice.

chad pf-9

imported post

Yes welcome to the board scotchy.Good to have a LEO "on our side".Did you read about our open carry meetup in Hammond?Be nice to have you attend.I believe Mark is gonna get WBRZ to do a news story on it also.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

thread-pic%20(30).gif

Oscarr

imported post

So I was in Ron's Guns in Bossier City yesterday with a friend, picking up his new lower his for AR15 he's building. And low-n-behold I see a printout of the mission statement page of louisianacarry.org

Thought that was neat, but was curious if you put it up, or if the shop did. (Didn't think to ask until after we left.)

Oscarr

imported post

Ya I hear ya, I wish I woulda paid better attention to the sign on his door. It was something about being open between 1am and 2pm on Saturdays I think. Don't quote me on that though, you'd have to call and ask.